Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Remington 597

Boolit Master

Remington 597

My dad just picked up one of these for cheap. I shot it yesterday just to see if it functions, ran fine, but the trigger is awful. Is there a "20 minute" trigger job for these? Dont want to spend any money on it. I read you can get a different hammer for it and that will help but its $35. I havent seen anything about polishing or spring work so I figured I would ask here.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Ugly looking sucker but with the big R on it, no doubt it will be a good reliable unit. Fire off a few hundred before you get too excited, it may settle down a bit.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Took this little rifle to the range with us today. I mounted a Bushnell 4x on it. At 50 yards, with the crappy trigger, I shot a 10 shot group into about 1". At 25 yards if stacks bullets on top of each other. This is just shooting the Federal bulk pack ammo.

Not to bad, we are taking it with us next week to Montana to shoot p-dogs. Maybe after a few days on the p-dog flat that trigger will lighten up.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I ran several hundred through one I had but since the magnum ammo was so expensive . I left the rifle with a friend who fools with that sort of thing . A few weeks later the rifle came back with a trigger that breaks clean and not to heavy and like you said ...... it will stack bullets on top of each other .

Other than the ugly trigger and hokey magazine it's a nice rifle . To bad they didn't make a nice mag and at least have a better trigger .

Jack