Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Wideners
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 429215 NOE GB A.K.A Time to work on the 429215 GC bullet!!

I'm A Honcho!
    I agree with Lloyd. The 429215 needs no changes from the original design spec......

AND I HATE to agree with Lloyd......

OK, could we agree most of us want a large capacity 5 or 6 cavity 429215 mold unaltered from Lyman design that drops at +-220gr .432 ? I shoot a lot of these and I need lots of boolits. If we want a hollow point, Swede builds 5 cavities w/1 HP or Mihec can do a 6 cavity.

If I need a HP, I have a couple of these in 2 hole that I can HP later, so the HP is no biggie for me.
    I think someone mentioned a 4 hole Lyman, I won't buy anything from them until they get their QC program working again. IMHO

Now you have my 2cents worth.
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

I'm A Honcho!
    You can get me to agree!

Boolit Buddy
    2 dogs
    If you get Mihec to do it the pins are reverceable and you can configure them yourself. I would be in with with either maker for an origial gc design, but not Lee.
    Bill

I'm A Honcho!
    I believe I am done with lee as well. I have one mold on order from the Sweede and I am looking forward to it.

2 Dogs, are you going to spin this one up to one of our current mold makers? Or are we just having a BS session....this is a very nice boolit and I think we should be able to come up with the necessary number of buyers that want a large gang mold 4/5/6 cavities, what to do now?????
    Slow Elk 45/70

Boolit Buddy

I'm Game!

I have a Lyman 4 cavity in this bullet. It's very accurate. I wouldn't change the design at all.
    With a 4cavity and a 6 cavity, I could have a year supply of bullets in about 8hrs of casting!!!

Boolit Mold
    I have the 429215 in 2 cavity and I love it. It is the most accurate handgun round I have ever fired.

If you don't make any changes to it but offer it in 5c or 6c then I'm in.

Boolit Master
    2 dogs:

This one is your baby ! We have about 50 comments so far !

I suggest you choose the final configuration you want & the number of cavities, pick a supplier, and get someone to draw it up. Post a list and find out how many of us are willing to actually commit to your plan.

You will never satisfy everyone here ! Some will be in , some will be out ! Get about 20 to join you and it is a go !
    Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Banned

calling honcho's! WE need a honcho for this one!

If I can help in any way let me know.

Banned

Id want this one such an exact copy that i wouldnt even want it in a cramer. Its very hard to get a mold exactly copied. Ive just had to many molds from group buys that were suppose to be exact copys that werent and didnt shoot as well as the originals. Like the 429244 and the rcbs 255 swc and the copy of the rcbs 32 98swc. It doesnt take much to change a mold. Sometimes changes so suble that you cant even see them with the eye without close scrutinization will dramaticaly change the way a bullet flys. Especailly dealing with swcs. For that reason id pass too if lee was cutting it. They tend to deviate from the drawing to much. Also it seems that everyone has a better idea they want incorporated into the design and it changes the bullet. Some bullets just work as is. May have been luck in the design but they do and the 244 and 215 are examples of this. Leave them alone. MAke me a 4 or 6 cav exact copy and ill come running.

Boolit Buddy
    Hay 2 dogs, are we going to do this one. If we are, I in.
    Bill

I'm A Honcho!
    I am all about this one guys. I am just NOT a honcho. But like Lloyd, I agree this bullet needs NO changes from the Lyman design. I would like to see the Sweede pick this up, as I would like to have a 5 cavity myself. If guys want a HP option they can get that as well from the Sweede.

I don't think we need a honcho the way Swede is doing his business, if the original design is followed, I think Blammer has a drawing. If he agrees to build it , we sign up and go with it, unless I'm missing something. I sure could use a 5 holer in this one.
    Slow Elk 45/70

Banned

I think ive even still got the lyman 2 cav. I dont think it was lost in the fire. I would gladly send it to him so that he could make his own measurements. Mihec if this is something that would help you just pm me your address.

Boolit Master

So it looks like the majority want an EXACT copy of the 429215.
    That means GC, because if it's PB, then it's not an exact copy...

I'm on the fence with this one.
    After reading this thread I really want to try the 429215. Don't know why I have ignored it all these years but I have.
    So now the question becomes, do I want a HP?
    Seems that Swede Nelson can do a 5-cav with one cavity hollow pointed. That sounds pretty good to me.
    However, if I decide I really don't need a HP, I could just order a 4-cav Lyman from Midsouth.
    They have them in stock.

Some questions:
    1) We are talking about a GC design (exact copy), right?

2) How does the standard 429215 shoot without checks? I hate buying gas checks unless it is absolutely necessary. At the moment I only have 2 guns in 44 caliber. A S&W 29 with a 8 3/8 barrel and a Super 14 barrel in 44 Magnum for my Contender. Most of my shooting would be Special loads in the Model 29. However, I can very easily see a 4 inch barreled 44 Special revolver in my future.

3) In post #23 Blammer posted pics of the non-HP design at 221 grains and the HP design at 170 grains. In post #29 he posted a pic of a much shallower HP but it only raised the weight 4 grains to 174. Which design are you guys wanting and is that weight on the shallower HP accurate? I would have thought it would have raised the weight more than 4 grains.

Enable me guys.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned

GC design would be an exact copy.

shooting without GC's? well that questions been around a LONG time, and the answer is still "It depends" sorry for the non answer.

nothing firm on the HP choice, I am quite sure the wt's calculated on the boolits with various HP's are accruate.

Remember, if you get a HP cavity you can order extra blank pins and file them to the HP size you'd like.

Cast Boolits Owner

Ok gentlemen,

Dj contacted me about running this GB. If you do not wish for me to be the honcho then now is the time to speak up.

It appears there are a couple different ideas bouncing around but I feel everyone can be satisfied if we use Night Owl Enterprise as our manufacturer since they will meet our needs mix and match based on what they posted here :http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...&highlight=noe. I will contact Al once this is posted and have him review this thread to see if they want to take on the work. I will also ask him to verify the current price of his offerings.

What I need from YOU: On this thread from this point on I only want to see post from those that are in on or want in on this buy and in your post I want to see exactly what you want for YOUR particular mould (how many cavities, GC / no GC, 1/2 & 1/2 GC no GC, HP pin, etc). Any other post to this thread will be deleted.

Thanks,
    Robert Hatcher
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Robert:

I want:

one (1) single cavity (original GC design specs) HP mould with 3 extra blank pins.

PLEASE POST the drawing of the final design you are running with.

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Cast Boolits Owner

Dj,

Please post your version of the original design 429215 GC.

Thanks,

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast