Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: .45apc lee mold suggestions?

Boolit Bub

.45apc lee mold suggestions?

greetings yall, does anyone have experence with the lee 230gr tc boolit ? ive always used the lyman 452460 and the lyman 228 gr round nose in my .45's but i like the looks of the lee tc boolit and im wondering how it works[accuracy and feeding]. thanks for any info you have on this boolit...dick
    if it ain't broke don't fix it

Boolit Grand Master
    I use this bullet, and it is a good one. The only bad thing I can say is that it makes my fingers sore, sizing and lubing. There isn't much to hang on to when removing it from the sizing die. I've seen some remarks made that bevel base bullets lead worse than flat based bullets, but I've not found that to be true.

Boolit Bub
    thanks 454pb, i will place a order to midway today.....dick

Boolit Master
    This was one of the first molds I ever bought for my .45 worked well for me with 231 and hs6 and fed well in about 6 .45s I tried it in. I rember a post here from someone who took a 4x4 deer with one of these slugs.
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Bub
    thanks harley45, what year is your harley 45, and is it a military model? a friend has a restored military 45, it's way cool....dick

Boolit Master

I shoot the bullet out of my 1991A1 and love it. Easy to cast and accurate. I have several pounds of the old cannisters of Unique and 5 grains gives me a nice little plinking load that leaves the muzzle at 660 FPS. 6.1-grains is 770 FPS. You will enjoy the bullet.

454PB... I don't bother sizing it. Just lube and load.
    Michael

Boolit Bub
    hi rd, i received the mold saturday and cast a couple hundred for some test loads. the mold works great and the boolits look good. loaded 50 with bullseye, 50 with 231, and 50 with unique, ill try to get to the range wednesday to test fire. i will let you folks know how they work for me....dick

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    I just tried some Clays last night and I think it might just become my favorite 45 acp powder, 4.3 grains of clays bulks up more than 5.0 bullseye which was my old favorite with 200 grain boolit. It left the gun quite a bit cleaner than bullseye, which I have found to be the cleanest powderamong the old standards.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Buddy
    I use surplus AA#2 from GIbrass (Jeff Bartlet) now for over 3 years in 45 acp, 9mm and 38 special. Prior to that I used bullseye & 231. I can tell no appreciable difference except in my checking account! However, I shoot mostly action pistol.

The cleanest powder I ever used was VV surplus, flake powder, also from Jeff.