Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - bhlua

Banned

DEADBEAT - bhlua

I hate to write this but want to warn other people in case it really is a problem.

I was contacted by BHLUA on May 11th about buying a 22 cal. mould I had. I sent it out USPS with delivery receipt on the 12th and it arrived at his house on the 15th. I have yet to receive payment for the mould after numerous PMs between the two of us telling me it was mailed or having an excuse why it wasn't. In our last exchange the payment was supposed to be on it's way the 4th of this month or a week ago. I sent my mailing address in a PM when first contacted and it would have been on the carton he received on the 15th of last month so mailing it to the wrong address isn't a viable excuse, he also told me last Weds. that he had it.

I don't know if there actually is a screw up somewhere or what but I think in the course of a month it should have been straightened out. He got the mould in 3 days I've been waiting a month for payment, what can I say. I've had nothing but good experiences with buying and selling up to now and never thought twice about shipping something before payment arrived. I guess from now on I'll have to rethink that practice.

Boolit Buddy
    BHULA agreed to buy a mould over 6 weeks ago for X $ w/ shipping , he then contacted me about trading for primers , I told him special permits were required to ship primers , he said he had a way .I said sure I can use some primers . BHULA contacted me several times to see if I shipped the mould yet & stated
    that he was trying to find another way to ship primers. BHULA never contacted me that he could not or was not shipping primers & never sent or offered to send X $ as agreed uppon in the 1st place. I was lucky , waited to see if he could actualy find a legal way to ship primers & I never sent off the mould
    Jim

Boolit Master

me too so he needs to get lost Ken thats 3 strikes rick /shotman

Boolit Bub
    i know rockydog did a deal wiht him and has a problem. im sure he will see this also

So I'm not the only one! I'm still waiting on his side of a trade to arrive bullets and LR Primers. He stated in a message to me that the person that did the shipping showed him the recipts of all the items sent to various people That was on may 19.We shall see before I cast final judgement and post negitive feedback and saved IM's
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

6. 06-11-2009, 08:02 PM

Banned

What really ####es me off is that not only didn't I listen to my gut feeling and not send the mould until I got the money but that I didn't listen to it twice and write something on here well before now. If I had it might have stopped other guys from getting ripped off.

Like I said before this will be the last time I ever ship anything before receiving payment and that in itself is a damned shame.
    Last edited by waksupi; 06-11-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Boolit Master

Hope you make a "Posty" outta this one too! It will save some of the reputations of the good guys and accentuate the reputation of this site.

Boolit Master

They say one rotten apple will spoil the barrel. I have too much faith in the members of this forum, so I will continue to ship before receiving funds. The good far out-weigh the bad.
    Larry

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Pat called me after repeated PM's between him and Blake,, I contacted Blake several times myself,, he has had repeated chances to make this good before a deadbeat thread was approved by me.

I want this cleared up and any other issues, if he does not rectify this in 30 days his full contact info will be posted by me and he will be permanently banned.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post
    They say one rotten apple will spoil the barrel. I have too much faith in the members of this forum, so I will continue to ship before receiving funds. The good far out-weigh the bad.
    Larry
    I feel the same I have had numerous deals with people on this board and others I belong to over the last 6 yrs or so and this is the first "issue" of any kind I have ever had. Its a real shame!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Made in U.S.A.
    Thank you all for the heads up.
    Will keep a eye on this.

Swede Nelson
    The expectation of evil is more bitter than the suffering -OR-
    More people die from worrying about getting ate by a bear then get ate by a bear.

Banned

Maybe there's a lesson to be learned from this. If after a reasonable amount of time something starts stinking in a deal let people know about it. If things turn out right you can always apologize and humble yourself but by not saying anything because you don't want to insult someone you give a possible thief the chance to steal from someone else.

After finding out I'm not the only one left hanging I know I wish I would have posted something earlier.

Moderator Emeritus

For those of you that dont know who I am, I am Jeff Bowles the CBA Webmaster and CBA Forum Admin.
    I have looked into this thread as a result of this fellow showing up on the CBA Forum and from some PM's sent to me by a couple of guys here that are members of both forums.

I take Kens stance as well, I will give this fellow 30 days to clean his act up and make good on his promises, or I will ban him.

Things like this can not go without action and I applaud those that have taken the time to make sure everyone knows what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat I. View Post
    What really ####es me off is that not only didn't I listen to my gut feeling and not send the mould until I got the money but that I didn't listen to it twice and write something on here well before now. If I had it might have stopped other guys from getting ripped off.

Like I said before this will be the last time I ever ship anything before receiving payment and that in itself is a damned shame.
    I will trust members here or other forums that have been around for some time. If I dont know them I will read some of their posts. I had that "feeling" about this fellow. I didnt get burned THIS time. I consider this group part of my family and these things hurt us all.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

I think all of you should file complaints with your postal inspector and his local police department for mail fraud.

Postal inspectors or the police arent going to do a thing. I have seen this happen many times and have seen some people take thousands of dollars and they walk. ?I dont kknow why the postal inspectors dont, the cops say its a civil matter
    WHERE THE HELL IS FARMVILLE??

30 days is a long time. He could really crook lots of people in that time frame
    WHERE THE HELL IS FARMVILLE??

Boolit Master

he wanted a scale i had for sale. he was to pay by money order and agreed to this. he had his "new wife and new baby" send outpayment for me. what i got was a starter check with 3 different handwritings on it, and the signiture name did not match the one printed on the check. i thought he was just being a bonehead. i emailed him a couple of times, but no response. thank god i didn't send the scale. what a crook. i'm glad we have mostly very good people here.

Boolit Buddy
    I traded some of my rusty old molds to him for a bunch of brass. I got the brass, and even posted a good report on him. When I got down to sorting the brass, what a mess. About 25% of it has been blown out for AI applications, mixed in with the regular brass. The 444 Marlin was all formed for a 375 JDJ. Either he didn't know what he was doing, or was deliberately misleading. I can't say, but I won't deal with him again.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast