Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Quickload thread

Boolit Master

Assuming by the date on the jpg that is attached, there are more recent updates?...

Anyone have a link to where the latest might be purchased?...

If there have been 2 since 2015, will all the updates be on the last disc produced?...

On my previous post, the pdf doesn't seem to want to open...

Thanks...BCB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QUICKLOAD....jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

The most recent update has all of the previous ones. You can purchase it on their website.

Boolit Master

Wish the program was available for apple devices all I have is Mac.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by glockky View Post
    So get you a cheap Dell out of craigslist, load linux on it, load wine into linux and load QL into wine!! Runs great!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy

BCB

As a normal rule, yes,
    the latest update disc is Dated Dec 2016, per Ed,
    which has the Endruron powders listed.

I am still waiting for the Dec disc, to arrive,
    it got lost in the shuffle where.

Tia,
    Don

Boolit Master

Do what I do and run Bootcamp, which allows you to load and run Windoze.

Quote Originally Posted by glockky View Post
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master

Just bought the current version and see that it does not include the statistical info for the new Hodgdon CFE BK powder. Can anyone provide it so I can enter it into the program and work-up a load for the .221FB?
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Mold
    I am running it on a Mac with VMWare Fusion on a Windows XP (Virtual PC). The tricky part is to make a mountable CD image or have a CD drive that the Windows on VMWare can see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-04-15 22.48.43.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	193347

Boolit Mold
    That's basically what I did. Got some used PC off FeeBay for around $40. Just hooked it up today, but seems ok.

Boolit Master

How do you do a screen print so as to compare data with another load?...

Or can you have two loads open at one time to compare?...

Thanks...BCB

Been thinking about Quickloads for a few years now. Is there a lot of 44-40 information/data in the program?

Boolit Master

The 44-40 WCF cartridge is listed. You will input the data to get the predictions from QL...

As far a actual data, this program does not have recipes like a reloading manual if that is what you mean...

Good-luck...BCB

Quote Originally Posted by BCB View Post
    The 44-40 WCF cartridge is listed. You will input the data to get the predictions from QL...

As far a actual data, this program does not have recipes like a reloading manual if that is what you mean...

Good-luck...BCB
    No, data as in how many different bullets are available, powders, cases, primers etc.
    I figured maybe all the popular 44 magnum jacketed bullets, maybe the 44 special jacketed bullets might be in the data.
    I am only interested in data that can be used for the 44-40......$150 seems fair but only if there is a variety of options for the 44-40 rather than just two or three like many reloading manuals. I already shoot what I like, just would like to know what pressure they MAY be producing and what tweaks I could make to improve....different primers etc.

I think the Ballistic Coefficient is maybe .161 but I really don't even know that either.

Is there data for SPB?
    Last edited by Savvy Jack; 10-18-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

There is bullet selections for all the major manufacturers. You can also add your own profiles as well. This is what I did for all my molds. 44-40 is a straight walled case and I would not trust the predictions. The program works best w/ bottleneck cases. I've had erratic predictions w/ straight wall cases.

Attachment 206104 I have noticed a few things that could be changed. .430 resized to .429. Barrel length to 24, seating depth is actually .32, AOL is 1,606, etc

"Shot Start" may need to be significantly increased if the bullet hits the lands (long AOL) while sitting in the chamber. Program is better than nothing I would think. I think I will purchase it.

Thanks for you help

Boolit Grand Master

There is a lot that can be changed. But it's a computer program. So if you input garbage it's going to spit garbage in return. It's a fantastic program once you learn how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    There is a lot that can be changed. But it's a computer program. So if you input garbage it's going to spit garbage in return. It's a fantastic program once you learn how to use it.
    It's the "garbage" I may have a hard time noticing....is it a learning curve?

I think I am also noticing that 27gr is not a case capacity load in my actual loads...dang close but certainly not a 17.4 (Filling/L.R.) compressed load. If I can correct items like this, and learn more as I go, I feel confident in me using this program. If it is a lot more to it, then I an still not confident.

Boolit Grand Master

You can adjust case capacity to the brass you're using.

SOLD!

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast