Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The closest I ever came...

Boolit Master

Now this is from memory.. and I'm older than dirt and the memory is the second thing to go so take this for what it is worth.
    It seems to me that I recall reading in Hatcher's Notebook that a Springfield 03 fired a .45 ACP down the .30-06 tube without a problem!

Now the biggest reason I doubt that is I don't think there is enough energy in a factory .45 to swage the bulet down to .308! I guess I better do some research right now before you guys blast me!

Smile

I don't recall having read the .45 ACP/.30-06 story, but the one about the 6.5-06 Arisaka is in Hatcher's Notebook. So is one about some boys blowing up a .30-06 with a .35 Remington cartridge.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

give me awhile i will try it with my neighbors 3006 rem now lets see should i use win 231 or unique??????

Just kidding

Boolit Buddy
    It happens. These are some I picked up at the local range over the years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9mm in 40.jpg   32 in 380.jpg   40 in 45.jpg   44m in 45.jpg   308 in 3006.jpg  

sav in brit.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Not quite for the same reason, but I have a scar that splits the fingerprint on my left pinky lengthwise.

What happened? Apparently there was a mishap with quality control at the factory one day when they were spinning the priming compound into some .22 short cases, and one case ended up full of the stuff. I was shooting a "bronco" single shot rifle (imported in the 60's, this one had a scratched on serial # for gca '68 compliance) that used a twist action to lock the breach. The case exploded, sending brass shrapnel and hot gasses out the gap, and splitting my pinky smartly, and cooking it to boot!

The gun was still fine afterward, but it's 12 years later, and my pinky will never be the same. I had to stop playing the guitar, as the scar hurts to this day when pressure is put on it. Everyone else was happy though, I wasn't very good at the guitar.

My friend was standing 15 feet to my side, and was covered from head to toe in a fine mist of my blood. I was sewn up by an old surgeon from WV, who informed me that I was lucky it hadn't been a .270, and he was lucky it hadn't been a .223.

It wasn't my fault, but ever since then, I'm really really careful about where my hands are, and what ammo goes into the chamber!
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    I can't remember where I was told about this one, but I have recieved a fair few knock to the head.

Two blokes out spotlighting foxes. One with a 22/250 Sako and the other with a SKS (Been banned here in Oz for ages, so that will show you how long ago this happened). Somehow the guy with the Sako chambered a 7.62x39 and fired it off. The gun was stuffed (funny how that happens when you try to shove a .311 steel cored bullet down a .224 barrel), but no-one was seriously hurt. If the Sako was mine I would have been shattered.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12