Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest in "Ruger Only" .45 Colt mold?

Ya, that looks pretty good. I wonder if I could get it to feed though in my Puma 92 454. The metplat looks a little fatter then the CP 360 gr and I think the bullet profile makes a difference in the little kitty. It sure would be a good thumper in the Redhawk though. I'm getting 1155fps with H110 and CP 360gr out if the 4 inch barrel. Should be good bear medicine if needed.

I just checked CP and the 360 WLN is "nose .390 meplat .355" according to CP. Yours just might feed in the levergun. Would you be willing sell me a few lubed with the gc to try out in my levergun? Shoot me a pm if you're willing. If they worked out I'd get the mould specs from you and just order one up.

Boolit Master
    I hope this boolit is not going to turn into another general purpose boolit that will work in everything. Seems like everyone is asking whether this will feed in this or that. I believe that was the whole point here, for once to have a boolit made for a Ruger's long cylinder.
    What's it going to be?

Boolit Master
    Right now the heavyist 45 I got is the Keith 310gr. GB, or the Lee 300 , however this could be the next heavy weight champeeeen, If the crimp is in the right place... Heavy Lead just where did you git your 360, and are the pics that outdoorfan shows what yall are talk'n about?What is the max weight of deminishing returns on 45 Colt? ie too much boolit,not enough powder? If they'd fit, I would shore like a Mihec six/crammer like those.

Is this ever going to be a go?

Boolit Master

I am interested in the original design per the drawing in post #9.
    Single lube groove, PB.
    Keep it for Ruger's only as originally planned.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
    I am interested in the original design per the drawing in post #9.
    Single lube groove, PB.
    Keep it for Ruger's only as originally planned.
    +1

Kevin
    History will record, with the greatest astonishment, that those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

The problem with Liberals is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletlube View Post
    Is this ever going to be a go?
    Right now we only have about half the people we need.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by only1asterisk View Post
    Right now we only have about half the people we need.
    I take it MiHec needs twenty to make this a go, is that correct?
    By my count we only have ten so far...
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

i would be interested in a 4 to 6 cavity mold similar to post#1 or post#9 with no hollow point.

elfego
    Can our government survive the next 4 years?

Banned

I'm in for one of these also.

Boolit Master
    I believe Mihec could make a gas check heavy off the same design for the 326 grain pb. I would take one of each in his brass blocks, I would use the heavy gc for the casull and the pb for the ruger. I know he is doing this with the 41 group buy and I'm in for both two.
    What do guys think about that, we may be able to get to 20 I want this boolit. And for any of you that haven't had the pleasure of these Cramer style brass moulds, they are awesome, easy to cast and just simply a work of art he should be selling for twice as much.

Boolit Master

I think I would like to have a "Ruger Only" .45 Colt Mihec mold. But this thread and all the other Mihec threads I follow, it seems like every post suggests a different configuration. I think I ordered a .41 Mihec mold. Can't tell from his site. At this point is there any possibility that this mold will be a hollow point/flat point w/plain base or GC(not both). Or will it be a swiss army mold with endless possibilities???
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    I believe the boolit in post #9 in the concensus thumbs up, I would certainly go for this mould, with Mihec's mould design you could enjoy a great hp and a penetrating solid as well. I would also like to see a design cut for a gas check as well. I believe he could do them in the same run with the same cherry. I would be in for both.
    Don't want to see this one die.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy lead View Post
    I believe the boolit in post #9 in the concensus thumbs up, I would certainly go for this mould, with Mihec's mould design you could enjoy a great hp and a penetrating solid as well. I would also like to see a design cut for a gas check as well. I believe he could do them in the same run with the same cherry. I would be in for both.
    Don't want to see this one die.
    If a GC design is done with the same cherry, it would be done by cutting a longer/heavier bullet when doing the GC design, is that correct?
    Or would we have to compromise the original PB design and make it shorter/lighter to accommodate the GC design?
    I'm curious as to what the specs would be on both styles if this route is taken.

I don't want to see this one die either.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would go for post #9. Ruger only, plain base, Mihec Cramer style 2 cavity H.P. brass mold.

Brian

Boolit Master
    Heavy lead I'm with you. nice look'n boolit for the blkhwks, and a longer,heavy,GC, for cassul and my winnie wrangler. All done on the same cherry.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohillbilly View Post
    Heavy lead I'm with you. nice look'n boolit for the blkhwks, and a longer,heavy,GC, for cassul and my winnie wrangler. All done on the same cherry.
    Ask 45 2.1 to make it so and lets see who all is in.

Boolit Master
    Not sure how these new GBs work but this one might lose a few takers if it's only a two cavity. The lightweight six cavities have ruined me for anything else.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
    If a GC design is done with the same cherry, it would be done by cutting a longer/heavier bullet when doing the GC design, is that correct?Yes, this is correct.
    Or would we have to compromise the original PB design and make it shorter/lighter to accommodate the GC design?No, the plain base would not be a comprimise
    I'm curious as to what the specs would be on both styles if this route is taken.

I don't want to see this one die either.
    I'm sure we could get 20 between the two, others seemed to have interest too.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by targetshootr View Post
    Not sure how these new GBs work but this one might lose a few takers if it's only a two cavity. The lightweight six cavities have ruined me for anything else.
    Since this is to be a solid/hollow point Mihec's brass cavity cramer style hollow point is THE way to go, these are every bit as fast as a standard two cavity mould, I'm sure a three or four could be made, but honestly with a brute like this I'm sure a two will do. I casted 200 keepers in an hour last night from the 44/444 group buy hollow point last night after an initial casting and breaking in period a few days prior, they are awesome moulds. And if you want the solid point, turn the pins around, reinstall the lock ring and it works exactly like a plain old two cavity, so simple it's stupid. My feeling is these moulds, once you try them will ruin you for any more Lee moulds, same with Swede Nelson's 5 cavities, a big wow on those two as I have his 358429 group buy, it's like Christmas in July here in Paw Paw.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast