WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest in "Ruger Only" .45 Colt mold?

Boolit Master

Ruger mold

can it be made in two cavity HP????? that would trip my trigger!!

I may be interested. But what I really would like though is a 350-360gr LBT style WLN like the Cast Performance 360gr for my 4 inch redhawk. How much $$$ I've never done this before, I'm a newbie still waiting on my order for my pot and moulds. I do however have 450lbs of ww ingots smelted ready to go!

Boolit Master
    I got 45 Rugers, and a Casull. Wonder if it'll feed in a Wrangler Winnie? It ought too. This heavy should have plenty of "thump" I'll bite.......

Boolit Master
    I'll bite as well.

Kevin
    History will record, with the greatest astonishment, that those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

The problem with Liberals is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

- Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance

???????

Is this going to be a group buy or is this just a lot of "I Wannas"! Robert

"I wanna" little more info like how many cavities and the price and what mould handles it will take.

I could go for a 350-360 LBT, single cavity, but will consider 2 cavity, preferably made by MiHec. HP oK if still up in 350-360 gr range weight.

Quote Originally Posted by uncowboy View Post
    I love the HP Idea because of what I have read,Would it be possiable to have two pins made for each mold=1 HP the two cavities and =1set that would make the bullet have a flat metplat? I don't understand why this couldn't be done. It should just add the charge of the 2nd set of pins? J.Michael
    Allready done, you only have to flip the pins in mihas mold to go from hp to solid point.
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    I'd like it to be a six cavity aluminum. And I'd like it to be here next week. For $15.

Boolit Mold
    "I'd like it to be a six cavity aluminum. And I'd like it to be here next week. For $15. "- targetshootr

I'll take two please.

Boolit Man
    Just found this thread after asking about a heavy 45 in the colt thread. I'd go with a 350-360 gr hp for in the 45-70. Although I'd want a gas check on it.

I'd also like to keep it in a 2 cavity brass, Miha's brass moulds are a thing of beauty, and almost to pretty to use.

Thanks,
    Ken

I'm still interested in a 350-360gr LBT style.

In Remembrance

?????????

I don`t see anything happening here except alot of guys saying this sounds like what they would want. Yes, I said I was interested, as did everyone else so far, so what happens now? Robert

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Yes, I said I was interested, as did everyone else so far, so what happens now? Robert
    We wait.

Sometimes it takes a while. We only have about half the people needed. We may need to make some changes to attract more buyers.

HONCHO EMERITUS

45 2.1's design in post #9 looks very interesting to me. I like the idea of switching the pins and going from a solid to a hollow point. Also prefer the single lube groove.

Just my 2 cents.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch4122 View Post
    45 2.1's design in post #9 looks very interesting to me. I like the idea of switching the pins and going from a solid to a hollow point. Also prefer the single lube groove.

Just my 2 cents.
    I think the bullet in #9 is the going thing. I don't think anyone is strongly in favor of 2 lube grooves.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    I would take a couple of the 45 2.1 designs in thread #9 if HPable !

I would also love this one in GC for my single shot rifles !

Jerry
    Jerry,

Would you mind if the GC were a little heavier? Like 340?

Boolit Man

I'd be interested if it was a Miha style with reversable pins and gas check option. Any thoughts on the diameter?
    -Harold

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohillbilly View Post
    I got 45 Rugers, and a Casull. Wonder if it'll feed in a Wrangler Winnie? It ought too. This heavy should have plenty of "thump" I'll bite.......
    I've got a trails end 94 Winchester that feeds a 360 grain long flat nose (.410 from crimp groove to meplat) like butter. Hits like a darn 45-70 with a heavy dose of 296 and accurate too.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    I may be interested. But what I really would like though is a 350-360gr LBT style WLN like the Cast Performance 360gr for my 4 inch redhawk. How much $$$ I've never done this before, I'm a newbie still waiting on my order for my pot and moulds. I do however have 450lbs of ww ingots smelted ready to go!

Like this one? This is a custom jobber that Veral did for me. 2/1 ww/pure gc'ed and lubed weighs in right at about 360 grains. Meplat is .4 and nose-to-crimp is about .385. I haven't killed anything with it yet, but it should hit like a hammer.

Edit: Forgot to add that it fits in my Blackhawk cylinder with room to spare.
    Last edited by outdoorfan; 06-20-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast