Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: 540 gr. ballisti cast mold

Boolit Mold

Red face 540 gr. ballisti cast mold

i got and cast, with a 45 cal. gas check mold, 540 gr and so far i am very impressed. not shot them yet in my 45-70 xlr anyone have shot these yet?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 458lott View Post
    i got and cast, with a 45 cal. gas check mold, 540 gr and so far i am very impressed. not shot them yet in my 45-70 xlr anyone have shot these yet?
    .............Not THAT boolit but a 535gr paper patched slug in a Pedersoli Sharps. I'd patched up 25 and had 5 loads of increasing intensity. When finished with the last 5 the left hand side of the stock was fairly well covered in slobber

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Bub
    Do you mean model #1451? If so I have about 50-60 sitting on my bench right now waiting to go into some 458 cases. I have not shot these yet, but its smaller brother the 1452 which is around 430-440 grains did well. The 550s should have more thump at both ends...

captainkirk