Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Blackmon swaging dies?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btrapr1 View Post
    Larry Blackmon is actually a dentist by trade, and die maker as a hobby...YOU can call his office.

Dr. Larry Blackmon`s address is: 303 McMillan Rd. P.0. Box 1056. W. Monroe, LA 71294-1056. Work Phone: 318-7257.

This guy also mkaes very good dies from what i hear.
    http://www.diemaker.us/index_files/Page352.html

there is also Corbin, RECEC (richard corbin), and Neomi just do a google search
    Wrong phone number it is (318)-387-7257

Boolit Master
    Wow. Funny this was brought up. I was just trying to send him an email yesterday. The address came back as incorrect. Anyone verify the email address for Mr. Blackmon?

Oh wait. The email address was in a different thread. Oops.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Master
    This is the one I used last and it worked at that time.

leblackmon@colla.com

Boolit Man
    Here is a list of all of the die makes that I can find on the net. It is a work in progress so if you happen to see someone not there or something inaccurate please let me know.

http://algunjunkie.webs.com/Download...03-21-2012.pdf

Oh and by the way Dr. Blackmon in an eye doctor not a dentist, he hates being called a dentist. Just FYI

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by algunjunkie View Post
    Here is a list of all of the die makes that I can find on the net. It is a work in progress so if you happen to see someone not there or something inaccurate please let me know.

http://algunjunkie.webs.com/Download...03-21-2012.pdf

Oh and by the way Dr. Blackmon in an eye doctor not a dentist, he hates being called a dentist. Just FYI
    Very nice.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

ETG, the link won't work with me, would you mind sending it to me, please?
    taminsong@yahoo.com

Boolit Man
    I know this is a very old thread, but does anyone have any idea what Dr Blackmon's lead time is? I have a hankering for a .45 pistol die set, and was wondering what his lead time might be (without contacting him and wasting his time). Thanks.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kc3ak View Post
    I know this is a very old thread, but does anyone have any idea what Dr Blackmon's lead time is? I have a hankering for a .45 pistol die set, and was wondering what his lead time might be (without contacting him and wasting his time). Thanks.
    Last conversation with him it was about 6 months, however he does have a limited shelf stock. I believe he only makes truncated cone pistol dies, maybe he does special requests.
    Bill

I wrote to Dr. Blackmon, and several days later received a rather terse reply that did not answer my question. I wrote again, and have not received another reply.

Boolit Man
    It's been many years (15?) since I bought a set of dies and a press from Dr Blackmon, but I remember he did NOT like email and preferred to talk on the phone. I called him a couple of times and he was nothing but helpful. Not sure if anything has changed

No much has changed. I got a set of dies from him last year. He's a good fellow to talk to and produces wonderful dies for a fair price.

Hi Andy,

Were your dies of a truncated cone design?

Thanks, Tom

Boolit Master
    6 months I would say. Unless he has a set on the "shelf".

​Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Hi Andy,

Were your dies of a truncated cone design?

Thanks, Tom
    I purchased a set of .224 dies from him. Wonderful dies for the price.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by andyt53 View Post
    His .224 dies are wonderful for double the price.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt53 View Post
    What are roughly the prices of those dies and what kind of bullet wil it produce ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldod View Post
    What are roughly the prices of those dies and what kind of bullet wil it produce ?
    I ordered .30 cal rebated boat tail almost a year ago. Made beautiful open tip Boolits right out of the package. He made them to use 1.40 j-words from Berger. I was trying for 215 gr. for RCE's 1.36 j-words, but Rickard stopped making them, however we planned the dies for the longer j-words, jic. His site is BSSP. That was with his mod to a Rock Chucker. Great everything, price, turnaround, no frills dies that needed no extra stuff.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldod View Post
    When I bought a while ago they were 600ish for 3 die .224 set and his press. 22lr jacketed bullets made from his dies were .2235 and shoot dime groups out of a Predator Pursuit ar-15 at 100 yards. I think I have some I could send you if you want?

​Mentor

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christensen View Post
    When I bought a while ago they were 600ish for 3 die .224 set and his press. 22lr jacketed bullets made from his dies were .2235 and shoot dime groups out of a Predator Pursuit ar-15 at 100 yards. I think I have some I could send you if you want?
    Thanx for the offer to send those. As i'm living in the Netherlands it is better to post some pictures. I asume ITAR regulation prohibit these things.

Boolit Master
    Of the die set or bullet?

​Mentor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast