Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Interarms Mark X 7mm Rem Mag - loose extractor drops cartridge/no control

Boolit Buddy

Interarms Mark X 7mm Rem Mag - loose extractor drops cartridge/no control

Hello All,

I am trying to learn how to tension or modify the extractor on my personal Interarms Mauser Mark X in 7mm Rem. Mag.

The extractor isn't tight on the 7mm mag case rim, and it is a very sloppy fit when I test it out of the gun with a spent case in it.

When you work the action to extract a round, the bolt drops every round into the receiver/magazine box area before it can be ejected out of the receiver, no matter what speed the bolt is operated at.

Any tips or hints are greatly appreciated. I don't mind buying a new extractor to try and make it fit, but I don't want to screw up more than one before I get things right. If I can get help to modify the stock extractor, that would be great as well.

If a new extractor is recommended, what part should I get?

Thanks to all in advance

Boolit Master

I had similar issue with same model. I bought a new extractor. Sounds worn. I dont know of a way to repair it.

It takes some fitting and frankly even needs more now but I hunted with it last week. Firm bolt stroke is fine. If you try and slowly feed it still binds a tiny bit.

Im sure there is tutorials on how to donit on utube. But you need pliers padded jaws and find the spot in its rotation to allow removal. Pull up flexing the extractor and sliding forward. Typical ‘98 Mauser.

Good luck

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I have one in 338 that is doing the same thing, going to order a new extractor from czusa. If that doesn't work I think soft soldering a piece of shim stock on the inside of the claw may work.
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

I've had this issue with pre 64 model 70 rifles and since their extractors are similar maybe I can help you. I gently bent the tail of the extractor and cured the same problem. Won't hurt to try since it looks like you are ready to buy a new one.
    Phil

Either Zastava had some soft extractors or a lot of people were single loading their Mark X the wrong way......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    sounds like to me, someone tried to push feed a round into the chamber, instead of from the mag, and could have chipped the front of the extractor off, I have seen this in more than a few Mausers.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank You all for the help! I am ordering a new extractor from CZ usa tonight!

Boolit Master

https://youtu.be/L1fcu6AIyas

Here ya go

I have not been able to get any of mine to twish off like his. I also have never seen on so loose!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    sounds like to me, someone tried to push feed a round into the chamber, instead of from the mag, and could have chipped the front of the extractor off, I have seen this in more than a few Mausers.
    Yep, on any control feed rifle, they must be loaded from the magazine unless you do a cut away on the chamber mouth to allow the extractor to override the rim.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    The extractor on czusa is for a CZ550.Has anyone used one a Mk X Mauser?An extractor for a military M98 can be fitted to the Mk X fairly easily.

Boolit Buddy
    So, I just received my new CZ550 Magnum extractor from CZ, and installed it. All looks well. It is longer on the back end than the original Interarms Mark X extractor, but this one definitely has much more tension.

I have to work on the adjustable trigger assembly to get the sear engagement corrected, as this was played with and messed up before I decided to replace the extractor, so I can't cycle any rounds to test the extractor function and if it will hold the cartridges in the bolt head snugly so that they don't just fall out loosely when extracted.