Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: 175gr. for glock 24

175gr. for glock 24

I know it has probably discussed before? But my son and I shoot uspsa and we both shoot glocks. He shoots production G34 and I shoot limited G24. I have been casting for both with 60% lino 40% ww with good results the ony thing is that I am loosing about 10grs.per bullet on the 40s and about 2-3grs on the 9s should I reduce the lino or would this be to soft or just up the powder to get power factor and leave well enogh alone?
    Thanks
    Daniel

Boolit Grand Master
    Either.

I am shooting range scrap and other scrap. that is water hardened. There is about a lb. of lino added. It is plenty hard fro me. IMO, you could be reducing your lino by 40% or more, water harden and still get a darn hard boolit. Why do you need them so hard?? Save the Lino for hardening soft lead.

Shiloh

I shoot a LEE 175 gr. TLSWC with the bevel base machined off. Weighs right at 158 gr.
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I think you are wasting a bit of lino. A 50/50 mix would be plenty hard air cooled. Like shilo, drop to 3-1 for water dropped & they will still be plenty hard. I shoot straight ww out of most pistols w/ very good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Either.

I am shooting range scrap and other scrap. that is water hardened. There is about a lb. of lino added. It is plenty hard fro me. IMO, you could be reducing your lino by 40% or more, water harden and still get a darn hard boolit. Why do you need them so hard?? Save the Lino for hardening soft lead.

Shiloh

I shoot a LEE 175 gr. TLSWC with the bevel base machined off. Weighs right at 158 gr.
    Probably the rason for shooting such a hard boolit is because glocks aren't supposed to shoot lead with a factory barrell but I have heard of people doing it with real hard lead? Been wanting to try it in my G19 but haven't yet.

Boolit Grand Master
    My buddy shoots a Glock 20 with WW/Range mix. No problems. I know, I told him.
    I KBoomd a Mod 22 years ago with cast. Go with an aftermarket barrel. We experimented with a Mod 17 and cast. No problems with pressure, just hitting sideways at 25 yards and poor accuracy.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin