RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data

Thread: lee 25-20 bullet

Boolit Buddy

lee 25-20 bullet

I have been loading the lee group buy 25 cal. bullet(plainbased) over Data 68 powder with pretty good results. 9 grains of Data 68 with bullets cast out of wheel weights are really doing a number on the local bunny population. Cant beat a combination of cheap powder and almost free bullets. Has anybody else been using Data 68 powder? I plan on using it in the 45/70 and 35whelen for mid range cast bullet loads but have not tried it in anything but the 25-20 so far.
    Jerry

Boolit Master
    Never heard of Data 68. but I'm curious.
    Sometimes you gotta wonder if democracy is such a good idea.

Boolit Bub
    It's an Accurate Arms surplus powder sold thru Natchez. Accurate has data for it, they say it's the same burn speed as AAC-2015, load data is interchangeable. Last I looked, it was about 68 bucks for eight pounds.

Boolit Grand Master
    How fast does that load go?

Boolit Buddy
    Between the cold weather and now strep throat i have not a chance to chrono this load. It does not show any sign of leading but it does leave a small bit of unburnt powder. The powder when I ordered it was $59.00 for 8 pounds and Natchez paid half the hazardous shipping, good deal I thought. Its burn rate is the same as Acuurate 2015, which is right in between IMR 4198 and RL 7 which are both top notch powders for the 25-20. As I said in the first post it should be great powder for many other cast bullet loads. The price has gone up on this powder but it is still a good deal and it may go on sale again.
    Jerry

Boolit Master
    Current Natchez flier says $68 for 8 pounds plus hazmat and shipping. If you buy a couple of jugs it may be a pretty good deal.

Doc