RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: not a good day guys!

Boolit Bub
    Lloyd,

I just read the thread. Oh man! I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think this is the sort of thing you just get over in a day or two. Keep in the loop, this is a great bunch of guys. I look forward to hearing about your rebuild plans.
    As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Mold
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I worked for 15 years in reconstruction and repair of fire damaged properties and the contents. The insurance companies can really work you over if you have nobody who knows the fine points. You have my condolences on your loss and would do well to get a representative who knows how to handle the insurance companies. It is one of those life altering experiences and a tragic loss. I spent a lot of time hand holding the people who had been through a fire. There may be more things that are salvageable then look like at first glance in my experience. I hope this is true in your case. The one good thing is that no one was hurt or injured.

Lloyd just read through the whole thing. And I know it has been said many times but very sorry to hear of your loss. And as others have said nobody was hurt which is a god send.

I know I am in South Texas but if there is anything I can do?

Lloyd:
    Sorry about the loos of your most pleasurable pasttime. You are a very valuable member of Cast Boolits. Lets us know when you are up to rebuilding, I can send you some already cast .30 cal.

Boolit Grand Master
    Lloyd, we're very sorry to hear about this occurrence--and glad that you and yours are all right.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned
    Lloyd.. You are going through one of man's greatest fears.....I can only imagine the emotions you are feeling....sorry about yout situation, if you need anything let me know and I will see what I can scrounge up down here in troll land.

Michael

Boolit Master
    Lloyd,

Just saw this thread, can't say anything you haven't heard. All I can say is sorry about your loss.

Loss is depressing, but everyone is safe, and what's lost can be replaced.

You can also look at this as a you would when you get a new gun, and what you need to feed it. A fresh start on an old project, so to speak.

Good Luck,
    Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Buddy
    I'm kinda new here and to casting so have been spending most of my time reading "how to" threads and shopping in S&S. So I misssed this big news.

Holy cow, that's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Boolit Master

Wow, I'm stunned Lloyd. This would be all of our worst nightmare, and it has come true for you. I wish I had more unscheduled days off, so I could join the barn-raising party! I know I've got some 45 brass and 9mm brass I can send you, when you're ready.

I'm sure you're already thinking about many aspects of design, but for the replacement building, have you thought of separating out the casting and powder/primers into separate buildings from the main reloading barn?

Yes, it's a pain, but keeping the hot stuff on one side of the main reloading shop, and the primers & powder in a separate magazine away from any precarious problems on the other side of the main shop would be good compartmentalization that would protect your investments. Of course, I don't know what you've got for a building footprint and lot/acreage available to you. Another good aspect of this is that you could replace the one large building with several smaller buildings, which means you could afford to re-build in stages and as you have the money for each stage.

Just some thoughts, trying to help in a devastating situation.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456