RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Handi SB1/ .357 Max

Boolit Buddy

Handi SB1/ .357 Max

Has anyone reamed a .357 Mag Handi Rifle on an SB1 frame to a .357 Max? I figure if it will handle the Max pressure, it will handle .360 Dan Wesson pressure. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Boolit Buddy

The place to ask about Handi Rifles in .357 Max is on Greybeard Outdoors, lots of info there.

Somebody must have - I picked one (barrel) up on fleabaye and I luff it! Great little ritooful! Modification could be done with a chucking reamer and a .357 (or .358) throating reamer. If you don't want to buy a chambering reamer that is.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Buddy
    Generally not a good idea on a SB1 frame, they do use a 357 mag on them, but the 357 max operates at higher pressure and is not a good idea for the SB1 frame. I believe there are also more than one style of SB1's, some have smaller firing pins and are better suited for pistol cartridges, but still not for the max. Try to find a SB2 frame, they are often for sale on Graybeard's, the 357 max makes a great rifle on these, with performance nearly equal to a 35 Remington.