MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Old News/New news

Boolit Master

Old News/New news

Carrumba! Looking on Ebay yesterday I saw someone buying a Lee Loader in .410 - last bid I saw was over $75! Good Grief! Then I noticed other .410 loaders (MEC etc.) going for unreal prices. Checked Midsouth and others, and found NO .410 loaders advertised; I guess they aren't even being built anymore. If I was of a mind to reload for my old Crescent Arms SBS - well, I think I might change my mind.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

I was shocked at the prices too, so I just ordered a 410 conversion for an empty MEC frame I traded for a few years ago. You wanna sell that Crescent? Looking for one for my kids for cowboy shooting.

Banned

My new Midsouth catalog shows them, I bought one last year. Ballistic Products should also have them but they cost more.
    Give Midsouth a call.

Boolit Grand Master

All you have to do on flea-bay is to mark your item as "vintage", "rare" or "collectable" and the price is easily doubled. I have seen current LEE molds sell for upwards of $45.00 (2 cavity). It is funny to watch the frenzied buying on flea bay.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

I was looking at an Ideal 429421 or is it 429241? on ebay a couple of weeks ago. At the time the item had some hours to go. I had to go fishing so I didn't see the finally. I'd bet that mold went for around 70 bucks. So a couple days later I dialed up Lyman and the price of one new is$53.00. Go figure!!! I had to chuckle. MIke

Boolit Master

Springfield, not really. The stock is dried out and I would like to re-stock it - it's a little loose, too. Safe to shoot, but needs some TLC to spiff up. And I don't know jack about making a new stock from scratch. I have re-stocked a couple of rifles with commercial stocks, but, from a hunk of walnout? Nope...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)