WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4 Cavity Mihec 38 Brass Hollowbase Wadcutter

Boolit Master

4 Cavity Mihec 38 Brass Hollowbase Wadcutter

This buy is now closed
    This is a rerun of the earlier group buy. If you missed out on the original buy, here is your chance to get one of these excellent molds. To sign up, PM me your email address and zip code. I will post your zip code here.

This buy will run till our turn comes up with Mihec. When it does, the buy will be closed and Mihec will send out invoices via paypal to the address you provide me with, so the email you send me should be your paypal address.

Price will be $120 plus $20 shipping for a four cavity brass mold with the Cramer hollowbase system.

A solid version (no cramer system) is available for $85 plus $20 shipping. You must make clear to me that you want the solid version! Make sure I have noted it next to your zip code!

This mold is literally like ten times faster than the old single cavity pin type that Lyman made. Don’t miss out again.

Here is a graphic of the mold. Target diameter will be .360 and weight 148 gr. with WW.

Zip Codes

S7j 2X9
    01564 - SOLID
    Last edited by happy7; 06-07-2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Add zip code

Smile

.360 diam with ww. and what weight ?

Boolit Master

148 gr (info added to original post).
    Last edited by happy7; 12-06-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Boolit Master
    I missed the group buy, BUT Miha had a spare. I am SOLD on the CRAMER system for hollow base/hollow point. Cleaned it good with brake cleaner; got it good and hot; figured out its quirks and made some boolits....a lot of boolits!

HINT: Install the pins so they are on the right side of the mould WHEN it is upside down to dump the boolits. You lightly tap the two pins sticking out of the mould and the boolit comes out of the cavity and falls onto the towel/bucket of water.

Boolit Master
    pm sent-put me in for one mold

Boolit Mold
    Im new here I want one in 38 and is it possible to get one with out the hollow base like the lyman .358344 that i've been looking for.

Pete

Boolit Master

I'm pretty sure you can reverse the pins to cast solids. This is the case with the Hollow Point molds, and think the same is true here. Some one correct me if not accurate.

Need to ask a stupid question. I had fits lubing my lee bevel base bullet mold, tried the Styrofoam thing and it works for 50 bullets and that is it. I got so frustrated I milled the bevel off to give me a plain base.

So how on earth does one lube a hollow base without getting lube in the hollow? Since the sides of the bullet are flat and not beveled does this bullet lube as normal in my Lyman 450?
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Boolit Master
    pm sent..

In Remembrance

IN, PM sent.....

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in- PM sent!

Boolit Mold
    Hello,
    I am interested in this mould, but I have not seen any reports on how they shoot.
    I am thinking of using this in my S&W Model 14 for Bullseye. Does it do well with the slower twist rate of the S&W?

Any idea on when this mould would run and when funds would be due?
    "The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Nice looking boolit and a great looking mould.

Looking for the OAL with 357 brass and crimped in the groove.

Anyone know off hand?

Thanks
    Rossi M92 Lever Action
    Taurus 669
    Kel-Tec P-3AT
    http://357shooter.blogspot.com/

Boolit Master
    I am confused, again! Is this one done? Is it on going? Did I mis it?

Boolit Master

Bullshop, this is the second running of this one. It is the same as the one that was already done, but now it is running again, but this time along with 41, 44, and 45 sized, which you will find in separate threads, but for those sizes this is the first time.

prgallo, I will try to get some measurements for you in the next couple days.

Landric, funds will be due after they are made. It is difficult to pin down Mihec on a timeframe. But it will be worth the wait.

Boolit Master

Pete950,

Welcome to the forum. I have asked Mihec about solid only. I am waiting for a reply. But yes, you can reverse the pins to get solid bullets from the hollowpoint version of the mold. I know what you mean about finding a 358344.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hunter64 View Post
    Need to ask a stupid question. I had fits lubing my lee bevel base bullet mold, tried the Styrofoam thing and it works for 50 bullets and that is it. I got so frustrated I milled the bevel off to give me a plain base.

So how on earth does one lube a hollow base without getting lube in the hollow? Since the sides of the bullet are flat and not beveled does this bullet lube as normal in my Lyman 450?
    Hunter, it will lube as normal, depending on factors which you are probably aware of. I know with my Lymans, I have never been able to totally prevent lube from getting in under the base occasionally. It just depends on the thickness of the lube, and therefore temperature, as well as how I have the sizing die adjusted, pressure applied, etc. Bear in mind that most of the center pins on the Lyman dies are cupped anyway, so the fact that it is hollowbased is not going to change how it seals. What is different is that when lube does get under, the cavity will fill up, and that will be more annoying than with a flat base. Of course you can lube upsidedown, but then there is in effect a bevel base. However, that bevel is fairly minimal in real life. But it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by happy7 View Post
    Pete950,

Welcome to the forum. I have asked Mihec about solid only. I am waiting for a reply. But yes, you can reverse the pins to get solid bullets from the hollowpoint version of the mold. I know what you mean about finding a 358344.
    Thanks. My gun just loves a wadcutter at 1.40 is why I ask a picky question. Using the crimp groove works the best too It looks like it'll load a bit long but wanted to verify.

Thanks again.
    Rossi M92 Lever Action
    Taurus 669
    Kel-Tec P-3AT
    http://357shooter.blogspot.com/

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by prgallo View Post
    Thanks. My gun just loves a wadcutter at 1.40 is why I ask a picky question. Using the crimp groove works the best too It looks like it'll load a bit long but wanted to verify.

Thanks again.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (please) Wouldn't you seat this wadcutter up to the bevel at the top and use the angle there as your crimping point? This is also the question that has been keeping me from throwing my name on the list as well , Just didn't want to be the first to ask !

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast