MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canjar trigger

Question Canjar trigger

Anyone know how to adjust a Canjar trigger ?

They are still in business. Google them up and ask for an instruction sheet for your particular model. That is allot better than trying to explain it over the internet.

Last know address for Canjar was;

M H Canjar CO
    6510 Raleigh Street,
    Arvada, CO 80003
    (303) 295-2638

Sad to say, however, they are actually no longer in business. Canjar closed its doors in October of 2007 and the phone has been disconnected ever since.

Somewhere, I've got an instruction sheet for their single set triggers and will post a copy of it here once I find it.

All good . . . Doug

Boolit Master
    Probaly the best after market triggers made. Still have a never used single set for the model 70/springfield and another for the model 70 which is an unset model. Frank

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Frank46 View Post
    Probably the best after market triggers made.
    Then you've never had a Kenyon trigger.

Sadly Karl is finished too, he and his wife entered an assisted living community and Karl's son has broken down the shop and sold everything. Karl is about 93 now and was the longest continuous FFL holder in the US. I believe he got his FFL in the late 1930’s.

I have Canjar, Jewel, Davies, Thomas and Anschutz triggers too, but Kenyon was king. I have 5 Kenyon triggers and wish I had bought more.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Hip,

Could you post some pix of these trigger of wence you speak? I have a vintage Canjar single set on my Taylor and Robbins Mauser in .220 Swift, custom built in the late 50's/early 60's, I rarely even set it as the straight pull is so perfect and light, I have shot many 3/8" groups with that rifle. What is strange is that my average group size will actually open up when using the single set feature, i attribute it to the longer lock time and vibration caused by the heavy trigger shoe, otherwise its the nicest trigger I have ever used.

Jeff

Boolit Master
    Hip, have one on my 52B winchester. And am sorry to hear about Karl. Never met the gentleman but his triggers have been prized by small bore shooters for years.
    Frank

Boolit Master

JKH, I can try but I am NOT a photographer (and thats putting it mildly). Probably be posting a bunch of pics of my thumb.

Three of my Kenyons and both my Jewels are with gunsmiths at this time.

I do have the Morgan with a Kenyon and an Anschutz 1611 with a Kenyon here.

My Davies are both here and my Thomas is here as are both my Canjars.

I'll try and post the Morgan with Kenyon, the Remington 37 Canjar that I have which is not on a rifle and my Thomas. I'll give the Davies on my Palma rifle a shot too. Fingers crossed.

Boolit Master

Frank, yes, it is the end of an era.

Hey, your 52B with a Kenyon is by far the most rare of the Kenyon's. I've only ever seen two and Karl would flat out refuse (for decades!) to make another 52B trigger. Cherish that bad boy, I would.

Boolit Master

OK, had three dirty rifle from this past weekend. First one I cleaned was the Morgan and I did manage to take a pic of the rifle and then of the barreled action paying attention to the Kenyon trigger. With that done I reinstalled and torqued the action screws and then selected the M1 Garand to clean next. I had forgotten how long it takes to clean one of those. Never got near the AR 15 so in any event I'll try and figure out how to get the pics of the Kenyon on here tonight. Hope it doesn't take too long, got to pack up for the long weekend get away.

Have to try for the other triggers next week.

Boolit Master

OK, here's a not so good pic of the Kenyon trigger on my Ray Morgan smallbore prone rifle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM0034.jpg  

oooh olddd thread! here we go...

Have one of these early Kenyon triggers.
    May be persuaded to part with it as I do not have a Match54 Anschutz any more!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0001sm.jpg  
    “Son, self praise is no recommendation.”
    self-ag·gran·dize·ment n. The act or practice of enhancing or exaggerating one's own importance, power, or reputation.

Boolit Buddy
    nice looking triggers! how many levers ivolved in these?

So maren, out of curiosity as I dont have a rifle that trigger would fit, how much are you asking for it?

Jeff

Boolit Master

Thanks, I have a second hand Canjar trigger and did not get instructions with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKH View Post
    nice looking triggers! how many levers ivolved in these?

So maren, out of curiosity as I dont have a rifle that trigger would fit, how much are you asking for it?

Jeff
    Take a look here;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kenyon re-black_IMG_0003 (Small).jpg  
    “Son, self praise is no recommendation.”
    self-ag·gran·dize·ment n. The act or practice of enhancing or exaggerating one's own importance, power, or reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hip's Ax View Post
    Then you've never had a Kenyon trigger.

Sadly Karl is finished too, he and his wife entered an assisted living community and Karl's son has broken down the shop and sold everything. Karl is about 93 now and was the longest continuous FFL holder in the US. I believe he got his FFL in the late 1930’s.

I have Canjar, Jewel, Davies, Thomas and Anschutz triggers too, but Kenyon was king. I have 5 Kenyon triggers and wish I had bought more.
    Didn't the FFL come into being after the Gun Control Act of 1968 became law?
    45 AUTO! Because having to shoot someone twice is just silly!

Boolit Master

FFLs were required to buy and sell new guns before 1968.

Boolit Bub

canjar

I had one new I bought for a Ruger #1 and that was the mother of all nightmares, it was later found to be defective but a half year of battle, shipping and abuse before the admission that they WERE defective.........I would NEVER spend another red cent with those rude, snob people................................

Boolit Buddy
    Time to bring and old thread back to life! :^ )

Two things;

1. I just bought a second Canjar single set for a FN Supreme with side safety, coincidentally I have a 1961 vintage Flaigs barreled action with 28" bull barrel (.30-06) that just happens to be a Supreme. The trigger was brand new and never installed, bought it for $50 shipped :^ )

2. I see that New England Custom Gun service (NECG) now markets (not sure if they manufacture it) a single set trigger that is for all intents and purposes identical to the Canjar, price is $179.00, not sure what all models they make besides 98 Mausers but thought this information may be of use to thosse jones'en for a Canjar.

I wonder if "the ladys" sold the patent rghts? Granting that there were any which would seem likely, both of my Canjar's of high quality and flawless function (both older units), hopefully these NECG triggers will carry on the tradition, they also make the same trigger without the set shoe feature.

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast