Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bull Plate Sprue Lube, WOW!!!

In Remembrance

Bullshop is the only source for Bullplate Lube, there is no equivilent out there. What difference does it make if it comes from Alaska? It go to me faster than mail from Florida.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks,

After reading thier disclaimer on the website I wasn't sure how long it would take to get the lube. Someone told me earler today that it only took a couple of weeks to get thier lube order in the mail, and I plan on mailing my order in on Monday.

I was just putting out feelers to see if it was available from someone who could take online or telephone orders to speed up the delivery time, because I wasn't sure if it would take allot longer.

Thanks,

Chris

Boolit Bub
    My last order took 11 days from the day I mailed the USPS MO to the day I received the package. That's pretty darn fast from AK to MS.

Boolit Grand Master

As far as I am concerned there are few things that can beat Bullplate. Dry toilet paper and sliced white bread comes to mind.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Bub
    I'll agree with Keebo52 it took about the same time from my mail order from IL to get to AK and then get the Bullplate from AK to IL

Boolit Man
    all you guys, especially armexman and dale 53:

what y'all said, plus more...i was able to cast so fast using sprue plate without smearing that my 160gr .30 calibers were bending...now that's fast! i wish i was still employed in my laboratory so i could analyzed what this product is made of...you know, csi kinda stuff...i would never give the formula away, but i am curious!

my steel moulds give better performance as well, but bpsl really shines with aluminum moulds.

i gifted some bpsl to a well-know gun'riter with a bottle and look for a critique from a respected professional in a major periodical in the next few months.

budman

Boolit Master
    I never used it I use the lube Milhec supplies with his molds. It is very simular to 2 stroke gas trimmer oil. Same color , smell and viscosity.Some guys use the synthetic version.but differant strokes for differant folks. I guess I need to compare apples with apples.Have to try to get some Bullplate to form an intelligent option............

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shirt View Post
    As far as I am concerned there are few things that can beat Bullplate. Dry toilet paper and sliced white bread comes to mind.
    1Shirt!
    As I slice my own wheat bread I'd knock the sliced white off my list.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Yeh the white bread is kinda Bla'zae , i prefer bread that i have to chew and doesn't melt in my mouth.
    One more thing i prefer is to never be without sprue plate lube
    Last edited by randyrat; 07-30-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Another convert to BullPlate Lube
    Wish I'd know about this stuff a long time ago.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jonk View Post
    I have mixed feelings.

I like it for lubing the pivot bolt on the handles. I like it for making speed green. I've found a few other uses for it around the workshop.

I do NOT like to put it on my sprue plates. No matter how sparingly I dab it on, trying to keep it from getting in the cavity, it always gets there in the end and I get wrinkled bullets. .
    Jonk
    I had the same problem when I first got mine, cast a few boolits, get the mold good and hot, then cut the sprue then leave the boolits in the mold and take a q-tip with some lube on it and wipe the top of the mold and the bottom of the sprue plate, this will keep it out of the cavities. After that you can cut the sprue while it is still jiggling on top with no smear, really speeds up casting.

sorry i didn't read the other posts so i seem to have made an echo in here
    Last edited by uncle joe; 08-18-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: duh moment
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Man
    I realy like Bull Plate Sprue Lube. Have tried a lot of different things on my moulds, both steel and aluminium with results going from bad to total failure.
    After reading about this excelent product I know I had to try it. A quick email to bullshop to get the right shippings cost, and a fast letter with $$ in it and I had the solution to my moulds in my hands.
    I always have been a little shy when people claim that a product is the answer from heaven, but this product is even better.
    For example,I lee mented a few of my group buy mould (.357 Dual crimp and .357 Light) and did one pour to get lead in cavities. Applied Bull Plate Sprue Lube as instructed and started casting boolits.
    Did cast every day for two weeks and about 2 hours every day and always started with doing one pour and then aply a tiny bit of Sprue lube.
    Today I started casting again with the same moulds after they have been laying on my casting bench for about 2 months now.
    Lee pot up to 700 degrees and started casting with a cold mould and perfect boolits at first try, so I was thinking lets see how long before I need to put on Sprue Lube.
    After 1½ hour I stop casting without have put on sprue lube and the top of the mould is still perfect.

Sorry for the long rant but I realy like this product.

59stude

Boolit Buddy

Can someone share the website that the Bull Plate lube can be ordered from?

Thanks -kayak1

Bullshop, (Dan) is a member here...you can PM him with your needs. He's real good at getting back to you.
    If God had intended us to not eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat."

John Cleese

I have both Bullplate and Mihec's lube. I cannot really tell the difference, but all I know is that I never want to cast without either ever again. Ordered mine from Bullshop by sending him a PM here on Cast Boolits, and 2 weeks later I got it half way around the world at the southern tip of Africa!

I read at the start of this thread that a link to "Bullshop" was at
    the bottom of the page?? I don't see it?? Anyone have it?

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Bad News It appears Bullshop is banned from this forum. PM me for his contact
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by larryw View Post
    I read at the start of this thread that a link to "Bullshop" was at
    the bottom of the page?? I don't see it?? Anyone have it?
    I know Bullplate is the gold standard that we measure all other sprue lubes by. (Heck I use it too)

But in a pinch most any good quality 2 cycle oil will work near as well. Also during the last Bullshop absence, I recall Randyrat was selling his ZIP sprue/mould lube to fill the hole that the loss of Bullshop left.

You could always PM randyrat . You can read about ordering lubes from randyrat in the link below.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...old-sprue-lube

Randyrat is also a Cast Boolits vendor sponsor. Folks speak as highly of his Tac #1 and Tac #10 (X) and his ZIP lube, as they spoke of the Bullshop's - Bullplate sprue lube, Lotak, and Speed Green.

Failing that, if you really had your heart set on a bottle of Bullplate, NOE moulds ship with a small bottle of Bullplate included.

Attachment 124063

And the Bullshop's contact information has been posted more than a few times in other threads. You could always write them and/or send a money order to purchase a bottle of Bullplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Yes, we are still in business - at this time we are unable to get a phone or internet - so I have to check the emails/PMS from town - once to twice a week (depending on if I get to town)

anyone can send an order to
    The Bull Shop
    PO Box 240030
    Dell, MT 59724

or email link at bottom of page

thanks, Tina - BS Mom

sorry for the inconveniences!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    Daniel & Tina Congiolos
    PO Box 240030
    Dell., Mt 59724

Let him know we miss him Dearly. I wrote (*Bullshop*) Jr but no response
    I have no affiliation to either of the vendors, and I'm not sure if its OK to post information about a banned vendor or not, however Bullshop was pretty much adored by all here at Cast Boolits, so in this case I don't think anyone will really mind. A moderator can edit my post if I have done something that I shouldn't have.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Buddy
    Well well,
    That explains why I never heard back from them when I sent a PM request.
    Sorry thy are gone from the forum. They seemed to be a source of good information and products for the .348 wcf.
    I'm about done with the minimal, expensive and hard to find j-word offerings for this fine caliber, and rifle..(my M-71 Win.) and want to get serious about a cast bullet, about 250 gns or so...to hunt deer and hogs.

Boolit Grand Master
    That Ester 100 AC oil from the auto parts store, like in Bullwolfs photo, is what I use now. It is good stuff, easy to get, and a bottle lasts forever.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast