Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bull Plate Sprue Lube, WOW!!!

Boolit Master
    Does NOE still ship the lube with their moulds? I don't remember getting any lube with my last mould.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

The ester oil smells bad, though, when put on a a hot mould. I'll stick with my Bullplate. Good thing I traded for 20 bottles of it a few years ago.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Does NOE still ship the lube with their moulds? I don't remember getting any lube with my last mould.

Tim
    It's an option like the top punch. I think it's $5 for the lube and allen wrenches.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It's an option like the top punch. I think it's $5 for the lube and allen wrenches.
    It seems to come regardless most of the time, maybe I'm just lucky?

Boolit Master

I would love to try bullplate, but can't seem to find where to get it.... help?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    I save the bottles of synthetic two stroke oil that I use in my chain saw, Stihl Combi-tool, and Ice Auger. The little bit that drains from the bottle after mixing fuel lasts for years if you don't spill it. I keep some Q-tips near the casting area. I dip the Q-tip in the oil and wipe most of it back into the bottle. The tiniest amount does the job. Synthetic two stroke oil seems to work just like the Bull Plate lube I first bought years ago.

Boolit Master
    Has anyone tried making speed green with synthetic 2 stroke in place of bull plate ?

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Send me your address and I'll send you a bottle of the stuff that Miha includes with his molds. I've got a drawer full.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Mold
    Was able to go to the Bull Shop website and used the email button told him wanted some of the lube and he could either tell me how to order or simply ship and invoice me on Pay Pal.
    The response was original is $4 per Bottle the New with the micro moly or what ever is $5 asked what I wanted responded 2 of the new he sent message $10 for goods $5 for shipping and the email address to use to pay with pay pal pretty easy game actually much easier than finding an envelop stamp and $10 and $5 bill to mail him

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    Has anyone tried making speed green with synthetic 2 stroke in place of bull plate ?
    I have made a clone of Speed green.

Let me start by saying, I have used the real Speed green bought from Bullshop and while it works well during shooting, I didn't like it's stickiness and messiness during the lubsizing process as well as in the loading ammo process. I was told that a bit of Lanolin and JPW would reduce stickiness, so I added those to my clone recipe.

I used a amsoil product, that is PAO based, I do not know if Bullplate is PAO based or not?
    But I learned that a PAO based oil is more slippery than oils that are not PAO based, and to avoid "flyers", you need to be careful not to use too much of a PAO based oil. I ended up using a lower percentage (20%) of amsoil in my clone recipe, than what Bullshop specifies for his oil in Speed green. I found the percentage I used, by trial and error.

This link should bring you to my post (Post #93)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post1191534

Lastly, I will add that I much prefer SL68B than Speed green or my clone recipe.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...how-to-make-it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123