My worst burn was sunburn on the insides of my ankles after a 3 day canoeing trip. Could not work for a week because I could not wear my boots.
Next worst was from slaking lime getting inside my 6 inch rubber boots. The lime fell out of a kiln as hard balls just a little larger than marbles. As it slakes, it turns to a soft powder that is Very hot. WhenI stepped on it, my foot sank below my boot top and filled it. Luckily, there was a water hose about 20 feet away. It was running a stream out of the 3/4 inch nozzle. I stuffed it in the top of my boot for several minutes. After about 3 days it was no longer too bad.
Had one close call with lead. I was molding wheel weights, had 4 pots with about 600 pounds each. The lead was injected under pressure and one of the molds had something in it so did not close completely. Got lead in my hair and on my shirt and jeans, luckily not a large amount. The jeans still had lead sticking to them 10 years later.