Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 44cal Ranch Dog Group Buy starts now

Boolit Master

44cal Ranch Dog Group Buy starts now

lets go for it.6 holer for $56.00 shipped

i will HONCHO this group buy too.make sure when you send payment you say you want the Ranch Dog 44cal mold.picture below

send payments to:

Jeff Bowne
    1183 Haynor Rd
    Ionia Michigan 48846

if someone could pin this up near the other 44group buy that would be nice

thanks
    jeff
    Last edited by jeff223; 02-11-2006 at 01:45 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I'm in, check will leave here Monday.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-12-2006 at 05:40 AM.

Super Moderator

This thread will remain a sticky for ordering purposes until the group buy is closed out and on it's way to Lee.

***Edited to eliminate earlier fuzzy unclear meaning ***

.................Buckshot
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-13-2006 at 04:59 AM.
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Stuck thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot
    This thread is stuck until the group buy is closed out and on it's way to Lee.

.................Buckshot
    Sorry Buckshot, Does this mean that this thread is "stuck & not going anywhere" or...can we put in orders? These group buys will be the end of my kid's education fund.

Boolit Buddy
    I think Buckshot means that this thread is now a sticky untill the mold order is complete.

Boolit Buddy

Weight? Thanks, moodyholler
    WTB single shots.

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way

How about a double cavity?

Out of curiosity, why such interest in 6 cavity molds? I wouldn't mind a double cavity myself. Is there any cost difference?

BTW, I'd like to get in on BOTH molds. Please keep us informed on how close you are getting to ordering as I'd like to send a separate check for each as I save the dough rather than digging into the savings account!

Thanks!

Boolit Master
    on the other group buy there are 10 guys wanting in and this one is new and i will update as needed

i hear the 6 holer molds from Lee are they way to go.i dont know this to be fact but that is what i have read about Lee molds.they say they are a better quality mold.i like the the 6 holer because you can cast a bunch of boolits fast.

im running this Ranch Dog group buy just for fun and im hoping i can get a good boolit for my Contender.im sure i will have a couple of good bullets to choose from.the Ranch Dog bullet is a proven one and i thinkl i will like the tumble lube design.

im new to cast boolits and im thinking if i have a couple of differant boolits to choose from im bound to come up with a winner

MAKE SURE YOU STATE RANCH DOG MOLD DEAL

thank,
    jeff

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

R D 44 mold

Jeff, watch for a $56 check from Zip 71479.

NOTE: if the group decides to increase the diameter past .432" either return or destroy my check.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman
    Out of curiosity, why such interest in 6 cavity molds? I wouldn't mind a double cavity myself. Is there any cost difference?
    Thanks!
    Plainsman, go to the sticky "This is a Lee 6 Cavity". It has pictures of one. The 6 cavity is MUCH more robust, and has no steel on aluminum wear surfaces except one, which is easily corrected. With the same care and attention given a Lee 1 or 2 cavity, the 6 holer will still be going strong when the other has long since gone to the big scrap yard in the sky.

The 6 cavity DOES cost more. However, your benefit besides the above are 3 times the output for the same number of movements.

One other thing. Running a Lee cavity (especially for slugs this size) will put you in the market for a 20# furnace right quick.

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by moodyholler
    Weight? Thanks, moodyholler
    Ditto

Boolit Master
    Junior,
    this mold will be at .432 as written in the picture.if a bigger bullet is needed they can pickup a mold from my other group buy.i will keep my eyes open for you check

thanks,
    jeff

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David R
    Ditto
    Hello? How much is this boolit expected to weigh?

Sorry, but it has been asked twice.

Don't take me too seriously.
    David

Supposed to be 265gr. In reality (in my 2 bullet mold), they were closer to 285 with plain wheel weights.

Central, Pa. along the Breeches Newville, Pa
    Jeff. I am in on this one also. I will get a check out for the Ranch Dog/ Already sent a check for the Fat .44. Zip 17241. Thanks. Bob.

Boolit Bub
    Oops, check didn't make it out yesterday like I said, but is on it's way now. Zipper is 30114.

Boolit Master
    Thank you

David

Boolit Master
    one payment on this one so far.i will update with the zip code some time soon

how long will it take to get 25 orders on this one?that is a good question?

anyone want to guess

here is the zip codes so far from people taht paid

Last edited by jeff223; 02-22-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Well, I just got the link for this. Looks good to me. My check will be make it's way by snail mail in the next day or so.

I've been doing heavier ones, but the gas checked 285 gr wt sounds good.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. A
    Supposed to be 265gr. In reality (in my 2 bullet mold), they were closer to 285 with plain wheel weights.
    Hello guys... RD. Let me clear up the weight thing. With the Lee alloy standard of 1 part tin and 10 parts lead it will weigh 285-grains with a gas check and lube. I hunt with it using a 1 to 1 alloy mix of WW and Linotype and it weighs in at 265-grains. This has been a great hunting bullet from my 336-44 (44 Mag), 444P, and 444T and a Winchester Trapper in 44 Mag. I've used BL-C(2), H322, H335, H4198 and H4895 all with great success. My personal choice has been H4198. I have pushed the bullet out of the 24" barrel of my 444T at 2400 FPS but my hunting load is 47.0-grains of H4198 at 2305 FPS. On my RSI Pressure Trace equipment, this load had consistantly recorded a pressure trace of 41.0 PSI. With that load you do need to have a hard bullet and my water cooled alloy mix produces 18 to 20 BHN. All my rifles are fire lapped.

I've been busy shooting all weights of bullets out of the 444 up to and including some that weigh 405 and 410-grains. MHO is that for hunting hoofed game you just can't beat the PBR provided by the 265 to 285-grain bullet. Everyone seems to focus on HEAVY bullets but a 265-grain bullet out of the 444 at 225-yards is still going to knock a large mule deer right off it's feet! I've got a couple of bullets in the works at Lee and I thought about making this one heavier but decided it is just about as perfect of a killer as you could hope for. In the last two years, I have taken several dozen big game animals with this bullet from 15-yards to 225-yards.

Here is some pictures, not to hijack this thread, but to get you pumped up. Checkout this link also... Ranch Dog's TLC432-285-RF.

The TLC432-285-RF vs. the Hornady 265-grain Bullet

The TLC432-285-RF vs. Nilgai

The TLC432-285-RF removed from Nilgai's hide after exiting both shoulders

The TLC432-285-RF and 47.0-grains of H4198 Pressure Trace Example

Good luck fellows and good hunting!
    Last edited by Ranch Dog; 02-24-2006 at 09:39 AM.
    Michael

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast