Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Help me identify this mould manufacturer

Banned

Help me identify this mould manufacturer

It's a hollow base muzzle loader mini with the base attached across the bottom of the blocks. The blocks are aluminum and the handles are too. It's a quality mould and I had suspected Rapine but I'm not too sure.

Boolit Bub
    Flash, not sure, but you might check with Shiloh Sharps. Back when they were located in NY they made some moulds for the percussion models. Dave

Boolit Master
    Singleshot1 is correct. I have one in the original box. Return address is Shiloh Products, Inc., 37 Potter St., Farmingdale NY 11735.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    It IS a Shiloh mould,I have had a couple,still have some.Onewas a wadcutter Minie mould,.58 caliber!Musta been fer seeing the elephant!
    The .30/06 Springfield,the ULTIMATE cartridge combat,hunting and target cartridge,a .45 single action and a good FLINTLOCK is all I need to be happy!

Banned
    thanks guys

Boolit Grand Master
    Just to stir the lead pot a little, I got a very similar mould, also in a Shiloh Sharps box, from a fellow member of the N-SSA board (to use in a Zouave musket, if anybody cares.) He said that he thought they were made on contract by Rapine. Do some of you folks that have used/dealt with Rapine more than I have care to comment?

Froggie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Just to stir the lead pot a little, I got a very similar mould, also in a Shiloh Sharps box, from a fellow member of the N-SSA board (to use in a Zouave musket, if anybody cares.) He said that he thought they were made on contract by Rapine. Do some of you folks that have used/dealt with Rapine more than I have care to comment?

Froggie
    I believe I faintly recall the handles of early Rapine moulds looking exactly like that.

Boolit Master
    The Rapine sprue cutter looks the same as the Shiloh, too. Your friend might be right about the manufacturer, GF.

I didn't find any instructions in the box my Shiloh mould came in. They might have had some information on the manufacturer, if they ever were in there.