Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Ballistic Products

Boolit Master

Ballistic Products

Does anyone have the BP manuals for loading slug or buck? Let me know. Thanks, Evan
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    I have the very much older manual.. I have yet to pick up the new one but was thinking about it now that I'm actually casting slugs..

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    I just bought their buckshot manual.

Kent
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Boolit Master

What do you think of it Klcarroll? I have been throwing around the notion of getting both, but I didn't want to jump if they weren't any good.

Boolit Grand Master

I have both ~ in fact all 3! I bought the buckshot loading manual along with "Building High Performance Buckshot Loads" (or something like that) and the slug loading manual.

I found less variety of loads than I expected but the information is good and there are some loads listed that I didn't have, so for the cost, I think they were worth the money.

I also picked up several of their slug loading brochures for specific slugs. Those go for a dollar a piece and have different loads again so are well worth the money.

My 2 cents worth.

Longbow

Boolit Master

Any data on the 1oz. Lee slug? I plan to cast that and need data!

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    In the case of the Buckshot Manual, ...I have to agree with Longbow: ......It wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, but it did have some stuff I found useful.

One thing I was looking for was .410 buckshot information; ....And I found the manual to be really weak in that area.

All-in-all, the manual would have been a much better deal if it had been priced at $8.95 instead of $12.95!

Kent

.....Oh yeah! ......Has anyone here bought BPI's Roll Crimping tool??? Is it worth the money? ......or is it like this manual; "A good deal at half the price"???

KLC
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I found the tool from Precision Reloading to be better. I also load paper hulls in my CAS shooting and the roll crimper that is made out of plastic PR sells for $12 works great.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy
    Is the slug manual even available yet? I had one on back order from January to March before I cancelled my order.

Boolit Grand Master

EMC45:

I have several manuals with slug loading recipes and am sure there are some for the Lees. I also have a copy of Lee's loading info for the Drive Key slug which you might like too.

What hull, and powders do you have or want to load for? I can look up some loads for the Lee slug and post them but don't want to transcribe the whole section.

Let me know what you are looking for and I will post suitable recipes for you.

Longbow

Boolit Man
    Hey Longbow, I would not mind that data on lee's loading data for the Drive Key slug. I am using Winchester AA hulls and Rem STS/compression formed.

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry, I have been tied up modeling boolits and didn't get back to this. I will try to look up loading info in the next day or two.

I may be slow but I will get it done.

Longbow

Boolit Master

I received my Lee slug mold yesterday. It had some data with it. I may just stick with it for now. I also have some Buckshot data from Hogdon.

Boolit Grand Master

Hiaboo:

Sorry to take so long but turkey hunting got me distracted.

Lee 1 oz. Drive Key slug loads:

Win AA hull
    primer = Win. 209
    powder = 36 gr. HS-6
    wad = WAA12F114
    pressure = 10,800 PSI
    velocity = 1500 FPS

Hull = Rem Nitro, Premier & STS
    primer = Win. 209
    powder = 36 gr. HS-6
    wad = WAA12SL
    pressure = 10,200 PSI
    velocity = 1450 FPS

Looks like that is all I have specifically for the Lee 1 oz. Drive Key slug other than the Lee guide which I tried to attach but not only is it too large a file but it is only the Lee 7/8 oz. slug listings.

There should also be info at the various powder sites. At least there used to be.

I guess that wasn't a lot of help.

Longbow