Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Remington 870 Express Wood Finish

Remington 870 Express Wood Finish

You know you're a real gun nut when you buy a gun to shoot up some ammo you found in your stash... I found a case of 20 gauge AAs and I don't have a 20 gauge to shoot them in. Yet. GunBroker to the rescue. For a bit less than $200 I got a Rem 870 Express 20 gauge. It will actually cost me $270 when I figure in all the costs but I hope to get almost all my money back for it when I shoot up the ammo. Yeah, I know, it don't make good sense but this is what we do. Front sight is missing but I can fix that. There are a very few very small places where the stock finish is gone. Quality control being what it is these days, it probably came from the factory that way. I'd like to touch that up. Does anyone know what kind of finish they use on the Express laminated stocks?

Boolit Master

Been there, done that!

Not much of a finish, I'm sure. It's not very thick on any of the Express guns.

I just picked up a somewhat abused 20 ga. Express at our last gun show cheap and ended up replacing the left shell latch, magazine follower, spring, and spring retainer. They had taken the original stock off and replaced it with the synthetic, and cut it down for a shorter "youth" version, and left the wood forearm on it. It has a gloss blue barrel with vent rib and fixed modified choke.
    Most of these are apparently "lightweight" versions, as many of the internal parts are marked LW.
    I would like to find a plain Express rem-choke barrel for it, and a regular stock. Got any laying around?
    USMC 1980-1985