Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Arminius H. Weihrauch SAA 44 mag

Boolit Master

Arminius H. Weihrauch SAA 44 mag

Anyone know of this German company and the quality of thier guns?
    I just picked up a 7 1/2"bbl 44 mag and it looks like a nice copy of the peacemaker except for the firing pin in the frame

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    If I am not mistaken, those guns were made for Herter's. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

It does say made for F.I.E. corp Miami Fla. on the barrel

Boolit Buddy
    hello
    i don't know for the single action but the olds double action were quality equivalent to charter arms
    Weihrauch is a german compagny more known for is airguns and rimfire .
    perharps in the 80 where these pistols were made by uberti and rename arminius

I have a single action 45lc that my father bought in the late 70's. Pretty decent quality. Not Colt quality but pretty close.

Ratt

I got an Arminius .45 Colt about 20 years ago. I'd have to say that it was a first class revolter. I did experiments on loads that were about 22,000 psi in that gun. Other than the oversized (industry standard size) chambers causing some case splitting, It held up to 1250 fps loads with 250 grainers just fine.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Grand Master
    My Herter revolver was made by JP Suaer & Sons in Germany. they also made the Hawes Western Marshall line.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Mold
    In trying to find a part for my friend's Sauer .44 magnum revolver, I have tried to follow this trail:

- originally the revolver was made by Sauer ( the Senior) in Germany, and is reported to be similar to a Colt single action revolver.

- Information I have gleened is that they are similar to a Ruger revolver, but the grip gives more space between it and the trigger.
    I guess large handed people had their fingers mashed when the Sauer gun was fired.

- Then something happened and they had the revolvers made with " (JP Sauer and Sohn) and a "Germany" stamped on them.

- they became " imported revolvers " by an outfit named Hawes, and they used the names like Hawes Western Marshall and other names.

- Also reported to have been made under Herters name .

- When the Sauer factory closed, all the equipment went to an outfit named Weihrauch, and I believe they made those revolvers again.

- After they divested the line, I think the company became Arminius, who were mostly airgun type makers, but have a line of revolvers.

I hope that this kind of puts folks on the right track as parts for these guns are hard to find.

If you break the " Hand" part with the spring on it, don't weld a drill bit into the hole where the piece fits into the frame. It hardens tha metal and you can't get it out.
    Hence why I ended up in this search.. he believed welding solved everything.

Good luck.

Boolit Master
    Some of those brands were a type of cast metal (something akin to pot metal) and chrome plated. I have a d/a on 32 s&w long. Other than fabbing a rear sight no issues and it is a good shooter. Mine has the cast frame, I don't load it hot
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Weihrauch is still in business, they make some inexpensive revolvers for EAA.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I've had the same 44 Mag revolver, my brother has it now. The fit and finish was great and it looks to be a well made revolver. I never had a problem with it.

Boolit Master

I have the Herters .357 version by Sauer "made in W. Germany" stamped on it. Purchased in the 60's. Accurate, adjustable sights, lots of fun to shoot. It may not be a Colt or Ruger but just as well made. Cylinder alignment and lock up is very good, no shaved bullets or signs of excess gas leakage between cylinder & barrel. I have read some negative comments about the gun, maybe mine is an exception. Every now & then I think about selling it but don't.

Boolit Bub
    The company is Weihrauch, they are famous here in Germany for good quality airguns and blankguns. They also produce revolvers, this product line is called Arminius. Many of their revolver frames even until .38 special are made of a casted zinc-alloy.

Boolit Bub
    EAA bounty hunters were made by weihrauch I had an olderone in .357. I do t know if they still make them for EAA to import. But mine was a nice revolver better than alot of the Italian clones I've had/seen and they are priced cheap. Only thing I wasn't fond of is the transfer bar setup. Other than that they are solid good Shooters.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought my first Arminius revolver in 1967. They were a pretty well made gun about in line with the other imporst at that time. Herter's sold a bunch of them but the Herter's guns were the WORLDS BEST and were so advertised. IIRR this is the same company that made the 401 Herter's Powermag.

Boolit Master

The 44 mag I have is well made, only problem is the grip frame is an oddball size, Mine fell off the shelf of my safe hit the floor and cracked the grip frame, a part that I still haven't found, damn pot metal piece, I bought a brass uberti grip frame and modified it and a set of grip to make it work. Still shoots great.

Boolit Master
    I have one in .357 and got it used 20+ yrs ago fit and finish is great to my pleasure and never had problem one with it. have shot thousands of both 38 SPL. and .357 through it. it is a keeper!!

Boolit Master
    people who don't like the transfer bar will get one on there RUGER, revolver cowboy gun's, pistols.I be leave they use one?

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    they were cheap guns but i have one of there 357s that has seen many thousands of rounds over the last 30 years or so and is still going strong

Have had a few Weihrauch's over the years, both single and double action, and many calibers, never had a problem arise, still have a 357 S/A Arminius and love it!
    Enjoy your new toy.
    The .357 Magnum......
    Major Douglas Wesson, using factory loads, which were a 158 gr. soft lead bullet, traveling 1515 fps, from an 8 3/4" barreled S&W, producing 812 ft. lbs of muzzle energy.
    Antelope - 200 yards (2 shots)
    Elk - 130 yards (1 shot)
    Moose - 100 yards (1 shot)
    Grizzly Bear - 135 yards (1 shot).

It kind of makes one wonder, why today, it will bounce off anything bigger than a rabbit