MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bullet Lub E Question?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Well, I can see where they are headed, as any type of oil is a possible component to a bullet lube, and definitions and properties are important to the mix. So, I'm sure before this is all over, there will be a fish oil pistol lube developed. As to the expense or availability, ?....

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    Well, I can see where they are headed, as any type of oil is a possible component to a bullet lube, and definitions and properties are important to the mix. So, I'm sure before this is all over, there will be a fish oil pistol lube developed. As to the expense or availability, ?....
    Not petroleum products
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Banned
    Waksupi,

I've already made and use bullet lube I've made with fish oil in my rifles. Felix knows this and he and I discussed it. Works fine from far as I can see. It does have a peculiar odor. I told yall I experiment a tremendous amount, remember the Bubble Gum lube I sent Bass Ackwards?

Joe

Banned
    Carpetman,

Seems my 1847 date was corrected by wills finding another site saying that.

Blacktail,

Fish oil in bullet lube is an excellent ingredient. Whether for pistol or rifle use.

Joe

Boolit Buddy
    It probably is a good componet, but at this time I just have too many things going on to be able to take on another project, and more added expence. That is why I said that I was not interested in makeing my own. I can useally make or build just about anything and I do not like to settle for second best.

Favorite bullet lubes

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail 8541
    What Are Your Favorite Bullet Lubes For Pistol Loads, Plain Base And Gas Checked. With Info On Bull Shops' Speed Green , And Lbt Blue The Focus But Not The Only Intrest. I Have No Intrest In Makeing My Own. I Live In Northern California And Summer Temps Get Into The Tripple Digets, With Lows Being In The Mid To Low 30s' .
    I use a lube devised by Adrian Pittfield who casts bullets for the European market. I call it ADRIAN's Goo because it is a soft tacky lube needing no heater. It is an excellent replacement for Alox beeswax but is MUCH less smoky

I use a 1 lb lithium grease-gun cartridge heated in a double boiler with 1 lb beeswax and pour it it into 1" PVC irrigation pipe plastic tubing with a 1/4" dowel rod in the center.

For rifle bullets I use John Paul Jones' adaptation of Saeco Green Lube
    1 lb beeswax
    1 lb parafffin
    1lb (1/2 bottle) STP

a hard lube which is excellent...and it works for .45 acp and .9 mm and 7.62 x 25 pistol loads too! Much less smoke than alox beeswax -

Hell! Lets face it ! You cant get ALOX-2156 anymore anyway. that's why I make these lubes

Yodar

Banned
    yodar,

Are you afraid of giving your firing position away to the enemy because of the smoke from each shot? I don't really think alox/beeswax smokes that much.

Joe

Boolit Buddy
    Never know when you might need to conceal your shooting position.
    The very young do not always do as they are told.

Banned
    Well reckon I'll start turning out flash suppressors on my lathe for yall then.

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123