Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: cz 6.5x55

Boolit Buddy

cz 6.5x55

Im looking for a good factory 6.5x55, does anyone here have experience with the cz 550 6.5x55, or the tikka t3, I dont realy want the detachable mag the t3 has.

Boolit Master
    I have the CZ FS. I really like it. No boolits shot yet, but it's a shooting machine with J-words. I really like the set trigger.

Boolit Buddy

44mag1
    I have a CZ American in 6.5X55. Very nice rifle. I at this point shoot only condom bullets. It shoots reasonably well, but I haven"t spent a great amount of time developing a load. I say reasonably well being 1 1/2 in at 100 yds. It likes slow powders. I bought it because I like the caliber and I have two other CZ Americans, one in 416 Rigby and the other in 9.3X62 both shoot clover leafs at 100 yds.
    Bullshot
    Bob
    You make your own reputation. No one makes it for you.
    NRA Benefactor

I had a Ruger 77mk2 in 6.5x55, it shot both cast and j bullets great. They dont make it any more but you might could find one on gunbroker.
    Endeavor to persevere

The wife shoots a Tika (old mdl not the T3)

Your right the Mags are EXPENSIVE !!!! he's will shoot condom bullets into a nickle sized group at 100 yards. She has killed 5-6 deer with it and since she is a leftyshe has few options in hunting rifles.

She loves her's and the cal is outstanding.

Now If I get off my Bvtt and order a mold and sizing dies we will convert her to the world of real shooting.
    TwoTrees

"Hold my beer and watch this!!"

Boolit Man

cz 550 FS

My CZ 550 FS in 6.5x55 is quite a shooter as well. I don't think I have encountered a bad CZ.

Boolit Bub
    All I know is that the CZ 550 FS is a GOOD lookin rifle! My 6.5X55 is an old sporter model 96.

Sorry - I lucked onto a pristine Model 70 Classic Featherweight 6.5x55 a couple of years ago - and haven't looked back since. It is accurate, beyond my ability to shoot.

I CAN tell a bit about CZ's in general, though - having bought (new) both two 527's (mini-Mauser) and one 550.

The first CZ I ordered was a .223 CZ-527FS (full stock), because I liked mannlicher-style, full-length wood.
    I was disappointed in both the roughness of the action, inside & out, the metal finishing, and the color/grain of the stock - which was missing and IMO looked like JIF peanut butter.
    It went away fairly rapidly, especially since it didn't shoot boolits much more accurately than I could throw them.

I bought a new CZ-527Lux, in Hornet, "off the rack", and still have it.
    I like both the accuracy and workmanship - including the quality of the wood.

I also sold the CZ-550 American Safari .375H&H, that I had I ordered, too.
    Indeed, it was a well-put together rifle, and fairly accurate - but when all was said and done, I decided that my need for such a powerful chambering in such a large & heavy rifle had passed.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

I have a CZ in .223 and one in .22-250. Both outstanding shooters out of the box; accuracy amazing in sub minute category for the little .223 and close for the bull barrel .22-250.

I have a few CZ rifles including one 6.5x55 FS. All are sweet shooting rifles, the Swede is no exception. Some find the safety awkward being reverse of most American rifles although I found it easy to adapt to. Mine is awaiting some range time to dial in the iron sights and then mount some glass optics. One more thing, the single set trigger is to die for.

I have a 550 HB in .308. I checked some brass with a RCBS Precision Mic set and found the head space was set to .000". After glass bedding, she shoots 5 Sierra 168gr Matchking's into .312" at 100 yds and the single set trigger...flawless.
    Sight alignment, sight picture, squeeeeeze....
    bullseye!

Dwight

Boolit Master
    I have a CZ 550 in 6.5X55 and it has the best trigger of any commercial sporting rilfe I ever owned. With an unset trigger it goes off at three pounds like breaking glass and with the trigger set it goes off at a light touch. As for accuracy I have only shot it with a couple boxes of factory federal 140 gr loads and condum reloads. Average group size has been consistently under 1 inch at 100 yards with everything I have put through it.

In Remebrance

Whatever you get, pick up some Relodr 21 when you get it. Best powder for 140's in the 6.5x55, bar none!

Boolit Master
    I have a Tikka in 6.5 Swede and it is probably the most accurate rifle out of box I ever bought. Great barrel and trigger. Never shot a CZ so can't compare, but I believe you won't go wrong with a Tikka...mine is blue and walnut..what made me look at them was a friend bought one in stainless/synthetic in 270 bought a box of Hornady Light Mags and proceded to shot a 0.8 group at 100yds immediately.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for all the replies, I have one more option. I have a savage 110 that I could buy a barrel from shaw for pretty cheap, has anyone here done this before? how are shaw barrels?

+1 on the set trigger
    i have a cz527 in .221 fireball
    best little rifle i own
    have not shot boolits in it yet, but shoots j bullets awesome
    lilgun and imr4198 are go to powders
    waco
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7