Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: LEE 356-125-2R load for 9 and 38 using blsy or RD

Boolit Mold

Question LEE 356-125-2R load for 9 and 38 using blsy or RD

Can anyone recommend a load using bullseye or red dot powder for a LEE 356-125-2R. I wanted to load these up for a 9mm automatic ,and 38 special not +P .These aren't for target shooting but for point shooting practice hitting 6 inch targets at 3 to 5 yards.

I also wanted to thank everyone for all the help answering questions.

Frank

Boolit Bub
    My current practice load for 9x19 is 3.5 gns of Bullseye and the Lyman 121gn RN bullet. I would think that should work well for the Lee bullet. If it works to your satisfaction in your 9mm I'd try the same powder charge in my 38 Special. You will probably loose around 150 FPS due to the difference in case size but it may make a good practice load for 38 also.

I use this same powder charge for 9x18 (95gn RN), 9x19 (121gn RN), 38 Special (158 gn RNFP) and 45 ACP (200gn KT).

Boolit Man
    I have a snub nose .38 and just got done loading a couple hundred rounds using the same bullet. I tried several different loads. I started with 4.5 grs of Bullseye and worked up to 5 grs. I liked about 4.7. With 4.5 grs you should be around 900 fps with 225 ft lbs of energy. With 5 grs you should be around 1000 fps with 295 ft lbs of energy.

Alliant Powder lists a cowboy action load of 4.8 grs of bullseye.

Brian
    Firearms have two enemies rust and politicians.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks you guys :>I had wondered about the cowboy loads cause they seemed higher than standard max.Thank you.Time to load up.

Boolit Mold
    Let me know how that bullet runs in your auto's. My beretta and shield hated it. Jam masters. In my model 10 they were perfection with 7.2gr of aa5 (powder coated". Im trying the TC version now. Havent been to range yet.6