Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 358 savage 99

Boolit Man
    You guys had better shoot one before going overboard on it. My '99 in 358 was a killer on boath ends! The Winny '88 has the same reputation. Too much drop at comb on the stock, or so I'am told. Good Luck..!!

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

358 Sav.99s

fwiw; the two I sold in the last 6 months both brought me more than 1500 NZ dollars,and they were the "Brush guns"which are expected to sell for less than the 99-A..( face to face sales,no cut for the auctioneers)..
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by stillhunter View Post
    You guys had better shoot one before going overboard on it. My '99 in 358 was a killer on boath ends! The Winny '88 has the same reputation. Too much drop at comb on the stock, or so I'am told. Good Luck..!!
    You got that right. My 88 in .358 has shot itself out of 3 stocks. I finally had the last one repaired with fiberglass cloth in the magazine well and that has held. They do kick with factory 250's. I like cast at about 1500-1600 fps for comfort and accuracy. Lyman 3589 is about the best.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by stillhunter View Post

check out the pic in my profile. I built this 358 win on an 1895 win action with a douglas 1-16 twist barrel. Note the stock profile. It took some tinkeing ,as soon as you throw her to your shoulder your looking straight down the sights. This is the nicest shootinh 358 I own

Doug

Bret is right. In 1956, I had to choose between a Savage 99 in the then new .358, and a newly discontinued Win 71 in .348. Glad I made the right choice and bought the 71 Deluxe.
    If memory serves, I paid about $135. I was 16yrs. old at the time, making about $50 per wk., and every week, I'd go to the gun shop and lay down $10. The owner would take the gun down off the rack, and let me handle it for a while. This went on every week, until I paid it off.
    Needless to say, this will be the last gun I ever trade off!!!
    Morgan

In Remebrance

Jeeze Morg! I woulda gone for BOTH!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12