MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mauser in 308 Win?

Boolit Grand Master

Caliber Conversion Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Westwindmike View Post
    GerryN,
    Where did you find the 7.62x39 adapter for it? Sure would like to find one myself.
    Mike
    Try these guys. I've seen them on several gunboards from time to time.
    No personal experience.

http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    I try to forget what I paid for mine each time I see this page:

http://www.samcoglobal.com/m1916.html
    Last edited by 0802; 03-06-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Correcting 2nd Grade Grammar

Boolit Master
    geezer, if you want a nice barrel for a 98 mauser see if either gun parts corp or sportsmans guide still has the kongberg norwegian 308 target barrels still in stock.
    Last price I saw was about $130 can cut them down to mauser length or leave them in their origional 27" (I think). Gent over on the surplus rifles website did a couple rifles with those barrels and they do shoot. So maybe look for a beater with decent action and stock, forget the issue barrel if toast and go for it. These barrels were made for 98 actioned target rifles by the norwegians and are brand new. If I were you get it from gun parts. Sportsmans guide had lousy packaging on mine. They sent three barrels and only received one. And that one the box was damaged. Guess the packer didn't add anything to insure safe transit. Frank

Boolit Master
    I don't know about the Spanish, but I have a FN K-98 the Israelis rebarreled to 7.62x51 and it is a tack driver with condoms or cast.

Boolit Buddy
    I went back and looked again. Small ring action, cock on closing (a 95 action?) bolt and gun serial numbers don't match, barrel is shot (not in a nice way!) and some of the hardware is missing. The price was $150. I walked on, don't think I need the hassles with fixing this one. Thanks for the input guys.

Boolit Master
    geezer, well that you know of a couple sources for 308 bbls for 98 mausers you can afford to be a little picky. If you happen upon a czech vz24 in nice shape and decent price grab it and run. And if you want a really nice barrel military style lothar walther will make them up. I think that out of all the mausers made the czech vz24 was one of the best. Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12