Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Two thumbs up for Hornady

Two thumbs up for Hornady

My first press was a single stage Hornady Pacific which I acquired in 1974.
    Well it broke recently and I shipped it back to Hornady for repair.
    It took several weeks for them to contact me but they shipped me a brand new Lock-N-Load press as a replacement.
    Nice to know that they do honor their warranty.

Boolit Grand Master

Obvious it wasn't a Redding; they won't honor their warranty when it's only a week old.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

It's good to see that Hornady stands behind their product. I just purchased my LNL and will be setting it up this weekend. Well only partially setting it up the shell plates I need are on back order (#8 & #45). I hope they come in soon!

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Obvious it wasn't a Redding; they won't honor their warranty when it's only a week old.

Rick

Rick,
    Maybe it it would've been redding they would be saying "No,WAIT,those AREN'T THUMBS!"
    The .30/06 Springfield,the ULTIMATE cartridge combat,hunting and target cartridge,a .45 single action and a good FLINTLOCK is all I need to be happy!

Boolit Bub
    Good to hear.

I have a Pacific sizing die with a bent decaping rod. I keep meaning to call Hornady, but havn't gotten around to it and have been wondering if their Lifetime warrenty extends to Pacific.

ETA - I haven't had a need to call them in a couple years, but I've had good luck the couple times I've had problems with a set of Redding dies I have.

+1 on the Lock-N-Load

I just set up my Lock-N-Load press this past week. I've had it since Christmas. It took me about 3hrs to get it running right. I had to adjust the indexing pawls, and I still have issues with the ejector, and it has the "new" cartridge ejector.

Now I can crank out 100rds while the pot is heating up!!! Even with al of the issues, I have no regrets.

Once I get used to running it, and call hornady about the ejector issue, I should be good to go. Seems to be the shellplate, and not the ejector, that's causing the problem.

Sorry to hear about the shell plates on backorder...... I ordered a few sets of the lock-n-load bushings, and shell plates for all of my pistol cartridges, before I even had the press..... in order to "spread around the pain of the cost".

I got mine in December, haven't loaded much on it yet (some .223). Waiting for warmer weather to test loads before loading a lot of ammo. Been watching for a #8 shellplate since then, too. Seems like 3/4 of all the reloading / shooting stuff is out of stock everywhere.