Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone make fishing sinkers?

Boolit Grand Master

What!!! Lead sinkers !!!! Don't you know EAGLES eat fish? Are you trying to poison the Eagles. Shame on you.

Actualy here on the river the most popular set line weight is a spark plug. Only thing is the last time I threw my line in a fish threw it back and accused me of tryiing to start something.

I have a set of cast iron moulds that have been in use for over 70 years.

http://www.barlowstackle.com/lead-molds.html

This is the place I have used. I cast plenty sizes of splitshots, jigheads, standup jigheads, spinnerbaits, & arky style jigs to make the shakey style jigs.

It's fun & I do use the stickon weights for fishing.

The spinnerbaits are alot of fun to make, but cost alot to get all the supplies to make them.

I have about 50 or 60 spinnerbaits made up & haven't been fishing in over a year. Maybe I should swap a few of them for some brass?? PM me if so.

Banned
    I actually started this obsession ever so innocently by buying a sinker mold. I have a bunch of different sinker moulds now..lost count . DO-IT is the way to go...Not to sound too "BASHY" but if you buy a palmer made mold...you have not heeded my warning and deserve what you get...they are a waste of time and money...I gave all my palmer molds to a feller that did not know any better. He took the molds for free and I feel like i got the better end of that deal. They make lee 1 or 2 cav boolit moulds look like a Rolls Royce....palmer moulds are rubbish waiting to be taken to the dump. The Palmers will get the job done, but so will filling a spent casing with lead and a paper clip.

***all of the proceeding is one mans opinion...feel free to disagree with him....just note that he is hard headed and set in his ways on the subject matter and is very likely to look at you with suspicion if you tell him differently***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12