WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timer for case cleaner

Since I use wet SS pins/Dawn/Citric Acid method for for tumbling brass....I never tumble for more than an hour. I just set the microwave timer...it beeps continuously until I shut it off. For me it works fine....but I understand the mechanical vibration need that you mentioned here. I'd just purchase one of the countdown timers listed in this post. I used to use walnut media in a vibrator "tumbler"....I had the same issue you had until I switched to wet which really cut down on the time to clean brass....and I like the new method because it cleans the primer pockets too without getting media stuck in the flash hole.

Another thing you could do....drill some holes in the base of your vibrator and have a fan blow across the motor. You could run it 24/7 this way and not overheat the motor.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Mold
    Got in here late but i also use the simple timer from HF, Set vib tumbler up and when i leave loading area turn it on 3-4 hrs. next time i'm there if not enough just rerun it otherwise GTO
    Last edited by gns4me; 04-27-2024 at 07:48 PM.

Boolit Master
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12