Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Rossi R 95s

Boolit Buddy

Rossi R 95s

Has anyone tried these new guns from Rossi. They are using walnut stocks and forearms, and look so much like a Marlin/Ruglin/Henry woud have to mic them out to tell the difference

Boolit Master
    I have shot one of the carbines, one of the rifles, putting scopes on and lining them up for friends. They do not have walnut stocks, but walnut stained beechwood stocks, they look nice though. Mechanically I like on thing better than the Marlin 336, and that is the M16 type extractor instead of the stamped out clip on type. The ones I shot were smooth working. Both shot good. After zeroing them I shot a 3 shot group with Federal 150, Federal 170, Leverloution 160ftx and Rem 170gr ammo. Both guns shot a inch group at 100 yds, give or take. The rifle preferred the Hornayd Leverloution, 160 ftx, shooting them into a 3/4"l group. The carbines preferred the Remington cor lokt, shooting just under an inch. I call that good accuracy for any lever gun. Just my limited experience, hope this helps you.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Sounds great! I hope that your experience is typical, the 92's are certainly a slot machine. Only problem I see is that the R95 costs the same as a Henry or a nice JM Marlin around here. Not sure how many people are willing to spend that much on Rossi, regardless of how good it may be.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banner Sponsor

Looks like it might come with an option for a Walnut stock??

I've handled one of each the rifle and the carbine, both were smooth and priced at or just under 8 bills.
    The cheapest Henry I've seen in 30-30 was $900.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".