RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Winchester M-22

Boolit Master

Winchester M-22

Bought some several years ago and have just started to use it in my Rem 513T. At least 1/3 will not allow the bolt to close, about half close but require a good bit of effort and the rest seem okay. Loading or unloading a live round required so much force was afraid I would break the bolt handle. Not sure what is wrong as the rifle functions normally with CCI, some old Rem Target and Fed Auto Match. Seems like the the OAL or bullet shape is not quite right. Haven't tried the ammo in either handguns or other rifles yet.
    Anyone else having issues with the M-22.

Not M-22 but I've had Winchester ammo grow corrosion on the knurling on the bullet and made it impossible to chamber without considerable force.

Boolit Buddy

My experience says M-22 is just another cheap offering from Win. Had a brick than would not function in Ruger MK4 Next brick was ok. Accuracy is nothing to brag about. Similar to Fed bulk in my opinion GW

Boolit Master
    Was at the range today and tried them in my Colt-Walther 1911 and ran about 60 through it without a single problem. Must have a more forgiving chamber than my 513T. Actually were quite accurate as well. At least I'm not stuck with nearly 2K rounds that won't work. Next range trip will try them in a Rem 581.

Boolit Master
    Are there any marks/scrapes on the rounds that won't chamber when you extract them?

Winchester is the new industry leader in garbage rimfire ammo. Their T22 match is some of the worst I have ever fired. I have a couple bricks of that and wildcats...Had to demote them all to lever action blasting ammo...the won't reliably cycle and don't group so much as pattern.
    Isaiah 45 - I AM the Lord and there is none else