MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Tennessee creates night time hunting season for coyote and bobcats!

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!

Tennessee creates night time hunting season for coyote and bobcats!

https://www.wjhl.com/outdoors-appala...bcats-coyotes/

Shotgun only...

Last time I checked, T shot was the largest shot size legal for coyote here. I might be on the hunt for one of Marty’s molds!

Boolit Master
    I can see how that may be exciting - but you need a license to hunt an (essentially) non - game animal on private ground? I can also maybe see a point in the firearms restrictions - IF DONE ON PUBLIC LAND! But of course it's not.
    I am just failing to see the reasoning behind the registration of predatory nuisance species on land that is not public.
    Question - if you shoot a coyote at night with a 22RF that is engaged in killing your chickens - is that illegal?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    “Additionally, the agency clarified that depredation of animals causing damage is allowed for protection of personal property only.”

Landowners and their children haven’t needed a hunting license in the past. Not sure if the article glossed over some details, or if this is a revenue generating means, since these animals generally aren’t eaten.

Rimfire is legal for hunting raccoon after dark. I’m surprised/disappointed rimfire isn’t legal for this special season.

Boolit Master
    I'm glad Indiana isn't as stupid on coyote, shoot them anytime with any legal to own firearm. When my son was a teen in a five year time frame we killed over 300. For years after he went out on his own I would get 30-50 a year. The coyote now walk around the fence line staying on the outside.

The state is just looking for a new chunk of revenue.