Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Need help locating a browning gold 10 gauge buffer

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Need help locating a browning gold 10 gauge buffer

I have a turkey edition browning gold 10 gauge. I bought new. Think it was maybe around 96 or 97? I remember I bought the original 30 inch gold stalker when it first came out in 10 gauge and traded it the next year or year and a half for the light 30” version. Then I traded it in for the turkey edition and it had ever since. I put a saddle on it at the time in a red dot. The year before last when I was siding it in changing optics, I had a bunch of white plastic pieces shattering and came out of the action. The bolt handle flew out as well. The white blasting spring follower shattered. Must’ve shifted the optic saddle mount from the vibration. Bolt handle hit on it and kicked out. Replaced the plastic follower and never replaced the buffer because it looked good at the time. After replacing the bolt handle having it come out a few times and finding it I realized it was hitting on the saddle. I went through and made the hole where the bolt handle goes and slides through wider, and that took care of the handle flying out when shooting. So yesterday, I took it out hunting after giving it a thorough cleaning. The bolt shut closed, but the follower stayed open about 3/4 of an inch. I lubed in between those joints and worked it back-and-forth quite a bit and it got better. I did notice there is a gouge right at the end of the receivers where the barrel meets up to so something funky happened at one point a time. I don’t see that being the issue though. When I take it apart, I will lightly file it smooth and put some Oxpho blue on it to see if there’s any rubbing. So when I got home from hunting yesterday and not using that gun and luckily, I had another another one with me. Took it apart and found a bunch of buffer in the chamber. It wasn’t doing this if I didn’t have a shell in the chamber. I need it all out and put it back together, and I also cleaned out the magazine tube in case there was buffer in there which was my guess because the shells I use didn’t lose any buffer. I also noticed there were a little red pieces of plastic that came out of my action so that tells me the buffer is shattering . Look bad when I replace the follower and took it all apart and figured I didn’t want to spend the 55 bucks versus five dollars. They used to cost a few years ago by just buying the buffer by itself. Discontinued selling the five dollar offer by itself and now only sells it in the complete assembly in their back ordered. I found one at Midwest gun Works and got it ordered up. Just wondering if anybody had some extra buffers they would part with? About 10 buffers for the price of the complete assembly. It’d be nice to have one or two extra on hand for my gun. This is what they look like if anybody knows of anybody that has a few extras laying around the part with.

Moderator Emeritus

Wow you are not kidding with them being expensive. I looked also and just wow. I wonder if someone who knows 3d printing could make one up. No idea on what material it is made of and I don't know enough. Good luck.
    Ron

Yeah, that part by itself used to be three to five bucks. I paid 55 bucks with shipping and tax at Midwest gun Works for the buffer and a little metal piece in front of it. They were 46+ tax and shipping. IMO ridiculous for a three dollar part but at least it was available. Browning was the same price and said it was on backorder for a month. For some reason they are not offering just the buffer by itself anymore and only offering it with the metal plate. That plate doesn’t go bad imo. The plate for some reason can be purchased separately as well. I could’ve got almost a dozen of the buffers by themselves for the price of one with the plate if they still offered it that way.

Also looking for some hulls as well if anyone knows a source.