Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cimarron vs Uberti

Boolit Mold

Cimarron vs Uberti

Talking about leverguns. I know the Uberti offerings certainly cost more but is that premium indicative of better quality? What jistifies the price difference?
    Personally I like the cimmarons a little better based on aesthetics but Ive never handled either.
    Anyone care to share their experiences with eithers quality?

Cimarron's are made by Uberti. Cimarron's are the importer to the US. Some models do get a little extra care, so I've read, don't know how true it is, some are good, some have issues. the few I have were all good, so it was positive for me.

Boolit Bub
    My Cimarron Open Tops are Uberti made. Better finish and quality according to Cimarron and general CAS shooters' comments back in the day. I don't know, they still had the short cylinder pin/need a washer fix that regular Ubertis had. I've put thousands of 44 Colt rounds through without a problem or breakage, but now they sit in the safe.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    When I read "Cummaron" I immediately thought of this dude who used to brag about his Z28 "Cumarrow".
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Taylor's are the best wood and case coloring/grade, then Cimmaron, then stoeger. All Uberti.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Mold
    How in the world do I edit the title???��������������

Very sorry about that.

All fixed.

DG

Boolit Mold
    So then, Uberti has different grades. Taylors, "CIMMARON", and then the specifically named Uberti lines.
    I just seem to hear different folks profess one of those names being a little better built than the other. Of course I understand that any company can and will have issues now and then, some all the time and others not as much so just wondering why the price differences with Uberti and CIMMARON. I had not thought of Taylors so Ill look there too. Im just so tired of the AR game and want to add to my meager levergun collection. I love AR's and have many but one only needs so many and Im very happy with what I do have so Ill stop there.

Again, sorry for the title misspelling.

Boolit Mold
    Thank you Mr moderator.

Uberti will build whatever the retailer wants. I had a Cimarron branded 1873 30 inch 45colt with a bogus barrel but I sent it to Texas and after a year’s wait I got it back with a new barrel.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 04-17-2024 at 09:07 AM.

I know little about Ialian gun myself, only what is posted here on CB; but a friend has one in 50-90, it is a good shooting rifle and accurate enough for any hunting opertunity while being a hoot to shoot. It may be from Cimmeron but not sure. I noticed the case hardening is just so-so but what the heck, it's a hunting rifle and affordable for many.

I bought a Uberti revolver from Cimarron back in 2020. It has Taylor's stamped on the barrel!

Boolit Master
    Dagnab it. I was in Fredericksburg yesterday and forgot to stop at Texas Jack's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill.68 View Post
    How in the world do I edit the title???��������������

Very sorry about that.
    I knew what you meant, just thought it was funny.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Many cowboy (SASS) shooters have used the Uberti's in matches for years without problems including me. We have had action jobs to slick them up and make them faster.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a Taylors Uberti revolver back in 2021. Useless warranty, poor parts backup, too many excuses from Taylors. Looking at my firearm, its difficult to believe it came from an experienced manufacturer. Bad enough experience to ever purchase from them again.
    If you are going to buy one, shoot it first before paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    I bought a Taylors Uberti revolver back in 2021. Useless warranty, poor parts backup, too many excuses from Taylors. Looking at my firearm, its difficult to believe it came from an experienced manufacturer. Bad enough experience to ever purchase from them again.
    If you are going to buy one, shoot it first before paying for it.
    I always think there is no warranty that is worth having. If you need to use it, you are likely to hate it.

That being said I have had nothing but perfect luck buying firearms from every company other than Colt. I had a serious problem - actually several - with a brand new Colt product. They ended up refunding my money after several tries to make the gun right. All my Cimarron and Uberti products have been exemplary.

I’ve had issues with that Cimarron/Uberti 1873, a Thunder ranch .45 smith and a Colt detective spcl. But they were repaired with no drama.

Boolit Master
    I recently bought a 1894 Cimmaron, 26" barrel, case colored receiver. It shoots and works as slick as any pre 64 Winchester 94, which it is a piece for piece copy of. It has ran flawless with factory and handloads, jacketed or cast bullets, and a tack driver when it comes to accuracy. The only thing I had to do was change the front sight, with the rear elevator all the way down, it shot 2 feet high, so I put on a higher ft sight and it is 1" high at 25 yds, dead on at 100 yds, with the elevator all the way down. It has 8 steps and they are set to 50 yds per step, and I have shot it on steel out to 300 yds, and still have 2 notches left in the elevator. I can ring a 12" gong with ease at 300 yds.

Glad to hear of your good experience with the Cimmaron 94. I would love to have one in .38-55.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast