Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Mags/Clips for Remington 513T and Mossberg 44US

Boolit Bub

Mags/Clips for Remington 513T and Mossberg 44US

Does anyone have any mags/clips for the Rem. 5xx series rifles or the Mossberg 44US trainers lying around they don't need anymore? Let me know, I'm interested.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have some for the Mossberg 44.
    Well made repos.
    Have to go look for them.
    PM if interested.

Boolit Mold
    I bought 2 six round and 2 10 round from Midway. The still have the 6 rounds in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Thanks...yes I've looked there and have had a few for the Rem sitting in my cart at Numrich for a few days, just trying to see if there's anyone on the boards I can support first.

I have a couple (2) of triple-k magazines for the 513T that are new/never used. Can't remember if they're 5 or 6 rounds. Anyway if you want them they're $25 shipped.

Boolit Bub
    bump...still looking for a couple more if out there.

Boolit Bub
    bump

jmho - every 513 repro i have encountered for Remington's have needed adjustment to function properly, even those advertised as being made on ex Remington factory tooling - probably better off buying used originals -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
    jmho - every 513 repro i have encountered for Remington's have needed adjustment to function properly, even those advertised as being made on ex Remington factory tooling - probably better off buying used originals -
    I'm open to all options. I do know the 2 I picked up already fit great, but haven't been fire tested yet.

Quote Originally Posted by IHuntDragons View Post
    I'm open to all options. I do know the 2 I picked up already fit great, but haven't been fire tested yet.
    the problems i have experienced with them has been in feeding + under hard use the staking loosens + come apart - what brand did you buy ?
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Boolit Bub

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
    the problems i have experienced with them has been in feeding + under hard use the staking loosens + come apart - what brand did you buy ?
    They were supposedly Triple K but based on the markings on the bottom and an old post I found I think they are Wisner.

Quote Originally Posted by IHuntDragons View Post
    They were supposedly Triple K but based on the markings on the bottom and an old post I found I think they are Wisner.
    there are many variations - blank floor plate, marked with an [R], and R underlined, dull, + bright blue finish - the one thing i have seen in common with the aftermarket ones is that the follower is left bright + not blued like the originals - let us know how they function -

as they say in latin

Interesting as usual:

They are tripple-k mags. This is where I bought them from.
    https://shop.brownells.com/gun-parts...ifle-magazine/

Bought them years ago and tested them in a 513-s. Testing was nothing more then putting them in the rifle filled with 22lr ammo and cycling the rifle until the mag was empty. I bought 4 of them & they all worked flawlessly so I put 2 of them in a box I keep all my extra mags in oiling them every year until now.

I saw this post and tried to do a member here a favor like in $25 for 2 new mags shipped. These mag typically sell for $40 apiece + shipping + tax. For some odd reason I've had other pm's besides the op's asking to buy these mags.

Why someone would post that these tripple-k mags need adjusting or would fall apart is beyond me. I used the other 2 mags for years shooting countless rounds without any issues. Heck I ordered winchester and savage mags at the same time. Used the winchester mags (2x) in a 52b sporter (marked with a w). The savage mags (marked with an s) were modified (4x) to use in several different anschutz sporters.

I've used tripple-k magazines in 20/30? different 22lr rifles over the decades without any issues.

op, if you're not satisfied with these mags send them back, others would gladly buy them

fwiw - my experience with the different manufacturers off brand ones goes back at least three years + of the two triple k ones one had to have the rear feed lips opened up in order to allow the cartridge to rise enough to feed in all my clip feds - iirc - i have only tried the 6 round ones + no 10 rounders - also i have found two non factory magazines equal in performance in the Remingtons, the Brazilian CBC, + the Philippine Squires Bingham 10C - quality might vary between different production runs - nothing has changed about my opinions of the aftermarket productions - i am not the only one that had problems with them as noted on other forums -

as they say in latin

Boolit Bub
    Last edited by IHuntDragons; Yesterday at 10:18 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest r View Post
    op, if you're not satisfied with these mags send them back, others would gladly buy them
    I'm more than happy with the mags, just wanted a couple more which is why the post is still here. SJ asked for feedback on function so that's for providing that since I haven't got to shoot with them yet. Thanks for the confirmation on the brand..if they work that's all I care about. The only reason I thought they might be Wisner is I found an old post saying Triple-k didn't mark their mags on the bottom, but obviously that was wrong. I'm in OK and we've had a bit of a weather weekend going on around here. Between that and trying to get the garden in there's not enough time in the day.