RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rat shot for a ...... rat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbillyhunter View Post
    Factory CCI loads like this https://www.cci-ammunition.com/handg...ll/6-3746.html

We always called it rat shot
    Hillbilly,

Thanks for the link. WOW! Ten rounds of #9 for $28.00, or about $3 a shot. I handload #6 shot and two gas checks with a stout charge of Unique for about $.25 per shot. I bagged a raccoon one night that was on my back porch checking out my bar-b-que grill.

Be well.

Adam

Boolit Master

Yeah, I went to the link website and when I saw the price, immediately backed right out. I not rich enough to pay that much for .22 ammo. BB guns are a lot cheaper on BumbleBees. I have a box of .45acp (factory) that I have had for umpteen years and never shot anything with them. The problem right now is the BumbleBees have took a temporary hike because of the rain and wind. I haven't seen one in two or three days now.

Boolit Buddy

If yah can find em the 22 Federal shot cartridges are loaded with No.9 shot. The Winchester 22 Shot cartridges are loaded with No. 12 shot. The #9 shot cartridges work better on rats. The Winchester 22 shot cartridges with the #12 shot will kill a rat but are better suited to kill wood boring bumble bees. Found a box of Remco shot caps for 45 Colt Think I am going to try and load em.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Helmer View Post
    Hillbilly,

Thanks for the link. WOW! Ten rounds of #9 for $28.00, or about $3 a shot. I handload #6 shot and two gas checks with a stout charge of Unique for about $.25 per shot. I bagged a raccoon one night that was on my back porch checking out my bar-b-que grill.

Be well.

Adam
    Just to be clear, that link was only to demonstrate what I was calling ratshot. I wouldn't pay those prices either. The speer capsules are getting tough to find, but can be reloaded a lot cheaper than the factory offering.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123