Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Some Lighthearted Thought?

Boolit Bub

Some Lighthearted Thought?

Ever think about moments in the Bible where if you were a casual observer/bystander of the action that you might laugh, chuckle, or maybe even roll your eyes?
    I can think of a few, although one is hypothetical.
    The hypothetical; Maybe Moses forgot to write a couple of sentences between Genisis 1:24>26.
    You know, where God said; "And I will make dogs so that man can have a companion animal that will protect him and his house and do his bidding and he will be its master".
    "And I will make cats so that man will be humbled, knowing that the cat is his master".
    A couple/three real ones;
    How about when Jesus did a "Got 'cha" on Sarah, when He said, "Oh, but you did laugh", and I believe He said that with a smile, not a castigating look.
    Or when Abraham was working to persuade the Lord to agree to ever decreasing numbers of righteous people to save Sodom & Gomorrah, and all the while hoping not to anger the Lord.
    Can you imagine the Lord rolling His eyes? "Ok Abraham, yeah, I'll agree to fifty,,,,.", and then Abraham starts in again.
    Then there was the talking donkey, the Lord used the donkey to make Balaam look like a fool.
    Can you imagine what the servants that were with Balaam were saying to their wife's when they got home?
    Anyway, I thought the scenes with Abraham/Sarah, and Balaam would have been great to have observed.
    Last edited by Bowdrie; 04-09-2024 at 11:20 PM.

I Samuel 5:6 & 7

The Philistines having taken the Ark of the Lord's Testimony.............

6>But the hand of the LORD was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof.

Emerods is an old anglo-saxon word for hemorrhoids

7>And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god.

MmmHmm....VERY sore no doubt. The Word doesn't say but I'd beet there was a shortage of philistine chair cushions at that time. Our Father's sense of humor is awesome.
    Isaiah 45 - I AM the Lord and there is none else

Boolit Master
    Epimenedes the Cretan famously said "All Cretans are liars"
    A logic puzzle to this day, is he lying when he says he is a Cretan?

Paul writing to Titus:

10For there are also many insubordinate, empty talkers, and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, 11whom it is necessary to silence, who overthrow whole households, teaching things that they ought not for the sake of base gain. 12One of them, a prophet of their own, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy...

Not a joke exactly, but remembered to this day, and "Cretan" is still an insult.

Our Father, creator of ALL things created humor and as such, has the most wonderful sense of humor that can be had. The fact that stuffy, self righteous bible thumpers refuse to see it is to their own detriment.

As can be gleaned from my previous post I am studying the first book of Samuel currently and as we get to the 9th chapter we see the (soon to be) 1st king of Israel, Saul, on a mission to find missing livestock. Kish, Saul's father had lost some of his asses and Saul took a servant to go and find them. Another name for a servant 'could' be used...a hand. A hired hand, a ranch hand these are all terms referring to a literal pair of hands but spoken 'hand'. Bear that in mind.

Saul and the servant look high and low and can't find them. Then, they get the idea of asking a seer...seer being another word for a prophet for guidance. Samuel being a man of God inevitably gives them the help they need. ....now there's much more to the story but the humor found is a VERY profound message our Father has and I don't care if you like this message or not, you cannot deny it. Two hands....Saul and the servant....had to seek the Lords help to find the animals. What's the message? Without our Father, you can't find your ass with both hands.
    Isaiah 45 - I AM the Lord and there is none else

And dats da troot.