Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: ghost gun builders buying experience

Boolit Mold

ghost gun builders buying experience

Hello,

I was encouraged by another member to write up a recent experience I had with ghostsgunbuilders.com. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience with them. Maybe this is a caution flag to others. Admins and mods! if this is the wrong place for this story, please move where it should be. I couldn't find a better place.

I was recently looking for some gunsmithing supplies. I saw that ghostsgunbuilders.com had a MUP-1 available. No one else has these in stock. I attempted to purchase two with a credit card. I soon got a text from the main support phone number that said the site had issues with credit card processing and asked me to try again with another form of payment. I emailed the support email. They replied with a non-answer answer to my question. I waited a couple days and attempted to call the support line. It seems to be an off-shored outsourced business help number. The dude who answered the phone seemed to have multiple company's orders to look through to find mine. I couldn't communicate well with him and asked him to cancel the order.

In the meantime, I checked with my credit union. There was no charge to my card.

I went through putting the MUP-1 in a shopping cart again and found that they were only accepting crypto payments.

Has anyone had any experience with this organization? It now seems to good to be true to me that they would have the MUP-1 that no one else does.

Thanks.

Weird tale. Money is no good anymore?

Welcome to the Castboolits Forum, gb4324.

DG

Boolit Buddy
    Have to admit I had to search what MUP-1 stands for; interesting but to me name of that website sounds like a "honeypot", which will be heavily monitored by alphabet soup agencies.
    I'd watch those credit cards, that you've used, closely or better yet ask for a replacement.
    Not accepting credit cards would be a "no-go" for me, but given the nature of the product, I kind of can see that for some people "anonimity" of the crypto might be preferred, not for me.
    Last edited by kayala; 04-09-2024 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Boolit Mold
    It does seems like some sort of money/crypto laundering/honeypot/scam thing.
    Last edited by gb4324; 04-09-2024 at 06:38 PM. Reason: more descriptive

Boolit Grand Master

Pay with crypto and you have no recourse when the company fails to deliver. Companies doing this scam typically list items that are unavailable elsewhere for attractive prices… very easy to do when you don’t actually stock any inventory and have no intent to deliver product.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Even the site name is suspicious. For the record I sure do like me some government involvement with everything - and this sure sounds like they be doin just that!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for reporting in. It's a good discussion that others can benefit from and avoid trouble.

Boolit Master
    maybe I'm old fashioned or something but those ghost guns seem to me they just might be a whole bundle of trouble just waiting to happen. ive seen ghosts they are in this haunted old house where I live and they are no fun. I dont think you would want to pulled over by the Arkansas state police on a traffic stop and have a gun in your car with no serial number on it. but thats just me I dont think I could trust a gun printed out from a computer either. but maybe I just like cant get away from liking walnut and blued steel
    Last edited by farmbif; 04-09-2024 at 07:10 PM.

Please, if ANY, I SAY AGAIN, IF ANY COMPANY WILL NOT TAKE A CREDIT CARD. RUN, DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THEM.

THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE COMPANY IN THE UNITED STATES THAT CANNOT TAKE A CREDIT CARD. DO NOT pay with Zelle, crypto PayPal F&F.
    and I would also state that even here zelle and crypto should be verboten.
    Even I can process your credit card and I'm a little one man show

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    If you can't pay with a credit card RUN. They want Pay Pal F&F or zelle because there is no way to dispute the charges. Most times they will take your money and have another person call and say that the shipment is held up due to shipping charges and when you pay the excessive shipping charges you will never hear from them again. The owner of Accurate shooter warns us members about a new scam site often. Someone posted a site that lists guns/ ammo/ reloading components scam sires and last time I looked at it there were 2300 known scam sites that targeted shooters.

Anything that uses crypto as a way to pay is a scam.

I avoid crypto anything.
    Biggest scam ever.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I truly don't care about the crypto thing.....other than you are literally chucking money from a boat to a boat.... with hopes that the fella on the other end is going to throw you an oar post transaction.
    But the fact that in this environment that you would name your website GHOSTGUN!!!
    I remember how much I enjoyed hearing about the cop scams where someone would be lured in by lottery wins or whatever. The "winner" showed up to receive a pair of bracelets and the warrant. This sure seems suspiciously similar.

You would be hard pressed to convince me that site isn't a scam when they only take bitcoin/zelle/cashapp ect all types of payment where there is no recourse should (when) you never get what you ordered.

It gets better. If you google the address it's a bridal shop.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2024-04-10 000721.jpg  
    Last edited by Moleman-; 04-10-2024 at 12:11 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    You would be hard pressed to convince me that site isn't a scam when they only take bitcoin/zelle/cashapp ect all types of payment where there is no recourse should (when) you never get what you ordered.

It gets better. If you google the address it's a bridal shop.......
    Loving this ^^

Boolit Grand Master

As stated with the payment methods its a scam site

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-we...unbuilders.com
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Everything about this screams scam. And “ghost guns” are only going to get you in trouble.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

A company that sells 80% frames with a San Francisco address?
    Red Flag #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    I avoid crypto anything.
    Biggest scam ever.

Like Like Like !!!
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    A company that sells 80% frames with a San Francisco address?
    Red Flag #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe it's closeby to this establishment?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240410-100055.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	325611