RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: How to Post Unlimited Images in Forums and PMs

Boolit Buddy

How to Post Unlimited Images in Forums and PMs

I've seen a few guys struggling with posting pics. Running out of space on the site or trouble with attachments. Here's how to post unlimited images.

To keep loading times fast and to not stretch the page, we sometimes need to shrink an image.

Easiest way to quickly resize a pic is using Paint.
    Right-Click the file > open with > paint

In Paint, click "resize", select "pixels", and set "Horizontal" to 600. Click "OK" & save. Or click file > "save as" and give it a new name if you don't want to overwrite the original. (screenshots don't resize very well. text will often be difficult to read. photos do just fine in paint.)

Upload pic to an image hosting site. I use imgur.com. It's free.
    At imgur.com, click "New Post" in the top left.
    On the next screen, drag photo(s) from your folder to where it says "Drop images here."
    Hover your mouse pointer over the pic, so the "Copy link" and "..." buttons appear.
    Click on the "...".

Click "Get share links" in the drop-down that appears.
    Click "Copy Link" to the right of "BBCode (Forums)"

Pasting this link in the forums or a PM will display the pic.

If you want to take a look at the syntax of this post, hit "Reply With Quote" to see the raw post. The above is all you need, but there is quite a bit you can do with BB code, if you're so inclined.

And, lastly, for those who may be curious about that 1911...

Enjoy! Hope this helps a few of y'all.

I will try to add any useful comments below so they don't end up lost in the thread.

I tested this on my phone before adding it and the site said my uploaded pic was too big to process. I found that I had the "motion photo" feature turned on and it was making my pics quite large. It works and it's easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    For those on phones or pads, this site has worked for me for many years. After the resize, save the result to your device and follow the remaining instructions in the OP.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com
    Last edited by sureYnot; 04-09-2024 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added info provided by imashooter2

Boolit Buddy
    And feel free to comment with suggestions and questions. I'm willing to add or edit for clarity.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks that will be a great help.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Cast Boolits Owner

Worthy of a sticky.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

For those on phones or pads, this site has worked for me for many years. After the resize, save the result to your device and follow the remaining instructions in the OP.

”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post

Thank you. Quoted you in OP so it doesn't get lost.

Thank you !

Boolit Buddy

How do I make room for uploading new photos? Can I delete the old ones? I am full up and cannot upload any new photos. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post
    How do I make room for uploading new photos? Can I delete the old ones? I am full up and cannot upload any new photos. Thanks
    Click on your username on the top right of the page, then USERCP then left side bottom "attachments"
    Start clicking boxes of the pics you want deleted then at bottom right "delete selected"
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sureYnot View Post
    And feel free to comment with suggestions and questions. I'm willing to add or edit for clarity.
    You can skip about 1/2 of those steps to make any pic/image smaller.
    Put the curser over the subject pic (in explorer) and right click the mouse to reveal a drop-down menu.
    The 1st menu in your post.
    Click on the word "Edit" and the pic will open in "Paint".
    Pic the resize icon, i use percentage/NOT pixels and follow the steps there to change the size of the pic.
    For me, 20% seems to be about right for pics taken with my Cannon or you can change the pic size on the camera.
    Sorry if this is an echo...
    jmo,
    Last edited by Kenstone; 04-28-2024 at 11:47 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    You can skip about 1/2 of those steps to make any pic/image smaller.
    Put the curser over the subject pic (in explorer) and right click the mouse to reveal a drop-down menu.
    The 1st menu in your post.
    Click on the word "Edit" and the pic will open in "Paint".
    Pic the resize icon, i use percentage/NOT pixels and follow the steps there to change the size of the pic.
    For me, 20% seems to be about right for pics taken with my Cannon or you can change the pic size on the camera.
    Sorry if this is an echo...
    jmo,
    The "edit" option in the dropdown doesn't exist in all versions of windows. I wanted to keep it as close to "works for everybody" as possible.
    As far as using "percentage", I'm sure that will be fine almost all the time. But, sooner or later, someone will have a setup where that is too big or too small and now they have questions about how to fix it.
    For those who have the "edit" option, it's nice to avoid the argument between mouse, menu, and old man hand.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sureYnot View Post
    But, sooner or later, someone will have a setup where that is too big or too small and now they have questions about how to fix it.
    For those who have the "edit" option, it's nice to avoid the argument between mouse, menu, and old man hand.
    Not a reflection on your method for re-sizing pics, just the way I've been doing it here for years and it IS less steps.
    Too small, simply use the percentage bigger than 100% to make a pic BIGGER.
    Not sure what that "argument between mouse" statement means.
    jmo,
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.