Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lead ammo ban in Wisconsin

The Condors were supposed to be eating Gut piles left by Hunters, and since Diane Feinstein saw a video of a Varmint built blowing up she assumed that all bullets blow up when they hit an animal, adn that was the official reason for the ban.

Just so you know I live right next to the Ventura River. It is the 2nd Most Endangered Fishery in the US ! It is dry for 99% of the year so the Endangered Steel Trout have to walk up the river bed from the coast about 15-20 miles. This particular fish Species hactually has legs and they make the trip every year to Spawn in the Swimming Pools of the Liberal Idiots in Ojai CA.

Please Note: a Steel Head is nothing more than a Rainbow Trout that goes out to Sea and the Salt Water turns it's Scales Silver, Every fish that comes down that river and is actually successful at getting over the Berm at the mouth of the Ventura River was hatched at the Fillmore Fish Hatchery and planted in Lake Casitas (By my Home) every Thursday during the summer.

Please read this, it explains what is going on here in CA.

Rules Governing Democratic Behavior
    1. Democrats Screw Up Everything They Touch.
    2. Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
    3. Democrats will lie about anything, no matter how insignificant.
    4. When all else fails, they call you a Racist!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I didn't know that it was possible for an individual to get their home made lead free bullets on the California approved list without having to pay for the state to test them. This is good to know, but I do all my hunting out of state because of the ban. One of the posters asked how would a warden know if a powder coated bullet was lead free or not? In California a warden can take possession of one of your cartridges and have it sent in for testing. This violates your constitutional right of presumption of innocence as well as your right against unreasonable searches and seizure of your property, but they don't care. The judge that hears your case also won't care. If you file an appeal you'll find out that the appellate court doesn't care. Even when the US Supreme Court issues a finding that California disagrees with, they just ignore it. It's far better try and not let bans like this one go into effect in the first place.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    racepres: Yes, they do. There's a lead bullet ban in effect in California. People here are not allowed to hunt with any bullets that contain lead. (this includes 22 long rifle and muzzleloaders) The department of Fish and Wildlife WILL stop you and inspect your ammunition. If you're caught hunting, or even possessing ammo that contains lead while your on a hunt, you will be cited and have to pay a hefty fine. I'm not sure if they will confiscate your firearm, but I'm about 99% sure that they will. The game wardens can come onto any public or private property in this state without a warrant. Please don't tell people to break the law unless you're willing to stand beside them while their facing a judge.
    Sounds like a 4th Amendment violation to me . . . tell them to pound sand

Boolit Buddy
    ''Even when the US Supreme Court issues a finding that California disagrees with, they just ignore it.''
    There is a california politician that said '' California does not necessarily follow the constitution.''

After all, remember it is hard to say politician with using the term "knee jerk reaction" They are afraid some other politician running against them will say that they knew those evil boolits were killing some pooooor little animal and DIDN'T DO 1 THING TO STOP IT! The sad part of this entire story is that the voters don't know the truth or don't want to hear it. The one redeeming factor of my home states governing body is that most of them are hunters or are friends with hunters/shooters who know the difference. I'm not feeling overly smug because it can change in a flash. Wisconsin is not exactly devoid of hunters but when the larger cities run the show, all bets are off. Good luck to you brothers.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123