Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Bearpaw grips Ruger Flattop/New Vaquero Bisley

Boolit Grand Master

Bearpaw grips Ruger Flattop/New Vaquero Bisley

I have a set of Bearpaw grips from my Lipsey Flattop 44 special that I am no longer using. For the life of me I do not remember what type of wood it is but it "shor is purty" to my mind. Price is $85.00 SHIPPED U.S. only. I'll take Paypal F&F or USPS Money Order. First "I'll take it" and PM gets it.
    Thank you,
    Joe

Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Moderator Emeritus

Joe -- You piqued my interest! I have a Ruger with grips, perhaps imho "prittyer", but they are not a great fit to my hand . The challenge I had getting them -- me probably not being the brightest bulb in the lamp -- is the confusion to me of the several different frame sizes Ruger uses, with no clear (to me) reference to the revolver I possess. The one I purchased -- which fits -- was marked "R-ed".
    The arm is "Ruger Blackhawk Lipsey Exclusive 5 ½” Barrel .45LC/.45ACP Bearcat s/n 520-xxxx Model 5241". Is this the same model as you had, which worked for you?
    (I apologize for the long-winded inquiry -- but it seems "better" than me buying (another ) set of grips which do not fit.)
    geo

Boolit Master
    Hey George, Texas Grips has a pretty good description of what fits what on their website.
    Rugers can be confusing.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    Joe -- You piqued my interest! I have a Ruger with grips, perhaps imho "prittyer", but they are not a great fit to my hand . The challenge I had getting them -- me probably not being the brightest bulb in the lamp -- is the confusion to me of the several different frame sizes Ruger uses, with no clear (to me) reference to the revolver I possess. The one I purchased -- which fits -- was marked "R-ed".
    The arm is "Ruger Blackhawk Lipsey Exclusive 5 ½” Barrel .45LC/.45ACP Bearcat s/n 520-xxxx Model 5241". Is this the same model as you had, which worked for you?
    (I apologize for the long-winded inquiry -- but it seems "better" than me buying (another ) set of grips which do not fit.)
    geo
    George,

I checked my Bisley grip frame and the only marking on it is the last three digits of the serial number. I did check the Texas Grips website and they stated "The Bisley grip frame, a modified version of the Colt Bisley frame was introduced in 1986. It is available on versions of the New Single Six, New Single Seven, Blackhawk, Super Black Bisley Hunter, and Bisley Vaquero. current production".

My pistol simply states "Ruger 44 special New Model Blackhawk" on it.

Hope this helps.

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Moderator Emeritus

"Been there/done that" -- I bought a gorgeous (to my eyes) set of Stag grips from a fellow at club -- but as pretty as they are, they beat up the hand pretty well! I then got a set off eBay; followed by another from a supplier (brand starts with Al...) who credited my return after grips they advised would fit didn't. Stubshaft's revolver seemed similar -- price is great, too, but Ithink (think???) the frame I have is their "redesigned" one -- so, I need pass.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger Frame ID.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	325565

Boolit Master
    Ruger only has ONE size Bisley grip frame. It's used on all their Bisley versions. Sadly,, even Ruger grips can have poor fitment.

BUT,, if these customs were made for the Ruger Bisley,, I'd say they will fit very well.

Boolit Grand Master

Bump