Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminder to check CCW expiration dates

Boolit Master
    Alabama doesn't send reminders either. I let mine expire a few weeks before noticing it. I was still able to renew on-line and got a text a few days later saying it was ready to pick up. Very easy. The one point about the process that does irritates me is that they have a "no concealed guns allowed" sign on the door of the office where you go to pick up the permit. Do they trust me or not? Why do they give permits to people they don't trust to carry a gun??

Kentucky sends a reminder, and they have a 6 month grace period after it's expired for a small extra fee.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master

Michigan, no reminder for permits to carry or drivers license. Permit cost is $125 to renew and a 3% upcharge to use a credit card. I renewed in person at the court house, They have an airport like security set up to get in. I had a 7/16 box in wrench in my coat pocket that I forgot about and they didn't like that. They also didn't care for my remark about " Check Point Charlie".
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Buddy

Utah sends out a notice.I just got mine and sent it off a couple of weeks ago.
    Blkpwdrbuff
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty or Safety. "
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Time to take Brandon to the train station"
    "The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

Boolit Mold
    My situation is a little different, being retired LE. Once a year I go to my former employer, the County Sheriff, grab a range officer, and shoot a qualifying round. Then they slap a new sticker on my retired ID, and I’m good for another year.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    No notices in Montana, though I would get a notice from the RCMP for my PAL renewals. RCMP asks for a current background check to renew. I sent them a copy of a recent FBI background check, since I was still working for a firearm manufacturer. They sent it back, and said it had to be from the local sheriff!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Wow. Some of you folks have to jump through hoops. While gf was at doc, I walked over to the bank across the street from the Sheriff's, deposited a check and had my form notarized. Walked to Sheriff's and they took a new pic, commented my signature hasn't changed, took my check for $50 and said we will mail it to me once it comes back. There were three other gentlemen there getting permit applications. Like I said, I love this state.
    Last edited by MrWolf; 04-09-2024 at 05:14 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

My CCW is from VA also. Luckily, I checked earlier this year and was just within 30 days from expiring, and was able to renew it.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Moderator Emeritus

Update. As I said, I went to the Sheriff's office on Monday morning. My new permit it was in my mailbox THIS MORNING! I couldn't believe it. They basically would have had to have processed and completed it on Monday and got it in the mail for me to get it this morning. I really love this state.

Boolit Buddy
    Kansas sends out renewal notices.
    Filled mine out, notarized and sent off last week!

What CCW? NH is a constitutional carry state.
    I got mine anyway just to make sure of any question.
    MA non-resident carry is an ANNUAL renewal and they make it as difficult and expensive as they can.
    ME? Constitutional carry
    VT? ditto
    The moral of the story?
    Stay out of Massachusetts!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by panhed65 View Post
    Pa used to send out a renewal notice, at some point they changed from an envelope to a postcard, and someone sued them over it, now they do not notify you, renewing is pretty easy, just takes some time like most things government related.
    Barry
    Butler county sends out renewal notices. My last renewal was in 2022, don't remember if it was a card or letter. Just go to the sheriffs office (in the courthouse) fill out the paper, get a new picture taken, pay them, (I think $25) and get your card. They're good for 5 years.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    What CCW? NH is a constitutional carry state.
    I got mine anyway just to make sure of any question.
    MA non-resident carry is an ANNUAL renewal and they make it as difficult and expensive as they can.
    ME? Constitutional carry
    VT? ditto
    The moral of the story?
    Stay out of Massachusetts!
    We are Constitutional Carry here also. I live near the VA border and constantly go to Winchester, VA and such so the CCW is necessary to carry there and some other states ( though MD makes it tough to go through their tiny piece for me to get to PA).

Boolit Buddy

Got my new permit today.
    Didn't take too long.
    Blkpwdrbuff
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty or Safety. "
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Time to take Brandon to the train station"
    "The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

Called the sheriff’s office the other day. Hadn’t come back. They’ll call me when it does.

Boolit Master
    Isn't it crazy? A law that requires a permit to carry a weapon to defend your self and family - that is enforced by folks that are carrying a weapon that are supposed to be defending you and your family.
    I was approached by a deputy a few years ago (on my property) and the first thing he asked was for me to hand over my firearm for his safety. I replied that as soon as he handed over his - I would hand over mine. The sheriff was called by my wife, whom instructed the deputy to leave my property. He was looking for a missing 4 wheeler.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Here in Iowa you get no notice and it is Constitution carry . There is more places you can go with a permit, then without one in the state, also it makes it easier to buy a gun in the state. Also do not need to worry about when cross the state line in WI when go over the bridge of the Mississippi River . They accept IA permits. When renew your permit it is $25 ,when you first get one it is $50
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

No notice here in NYS and now recertification every 3 years.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    No notice here in NYS and now recertification every 3 years.
    "Thanks for getting me 'worried'" re this! "They" keep changing the rules/laws -- and my wife and I are both OK for ten more months -- and I still have NO idea HOW to renew. Other than the FACT that if you do not, you lose all your arms -- NOTE I do not know if their plan is to just take hand-guns; or all ones firearms if they do not re-certify -- not specified. I reckon I'll buy a box of Mr. Donut doughnuts and pay a visit to a LGS and hopefully get the directions I need. The COUNTIES issue the permits, but the STATE "handles" recertification. ??? Then, there's -- written in some places -- an in-person interview requirement, where in others -- JUST filling out a couple of forms on-line is all that is required. Annnd, for some -- the possible requirement of schooling and range proficiency? Re the range work and proficiency, I noted no provisions for folks requiring two canes to get about or other handicapped persons.
    Again -- for me -- a forthcoming nightmare I'm NOT looking forward to!!!!!!
    geo

Boolit Master
    NJ is great for changing the rules, about every two weeks. Even the cops have no idea what is legal and what is not at this point. My CCW is due this fall and I have to go through the same police QC1 qualification test as I did when I got the permit. I also have to get three personal references, again. I also have to pay for two background checks and pay 200.00 to the state. So for those of you thinking you have it tough..............................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast