RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminder to check CCW expiration dates

Moderator Emeritus

Reminder to check CCW expiration dates

Just a reminder. We were getting ready to go to a doc appointment in VA and had just finished getting dressed ( and of course my pistol) when I had a thought that my CCW must be getting close. Ours are good for five (5) years. I checked and mine expired in October. Put the pistol back and told my gf good thing I checked as there was a lot of police activity on our drive. She just said I could have put it I her purse as hers still has two years to go ( love that woman). I called our Sheriff's office and they said they do not send out reminders and that is up to the individual but that they do offer a grace period for renewing. I will be there Monday morning with my $50 and paperwork. West Virginia even allows a deduction on our State tax returns for the fee. Check your expiration dates to make sure you do not have any interruptions.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    Good post.
    I have heard people complain about not being reminded - I personally feel that 1) shouldn't have to jump through this hoop
    2) it's not up to the king to remind us when our encumbrance is due.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Oregon WILL NOT remind you.
    It is up to you to check.

Colorado, no reminders. Wife and I are still good for two years.

Thanks. I just checked mine.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Buddy
    Check your state's website for proper procedure as well. Long story short; I showed up at State Police station for my renewal, hours early, to be first in line. Official comes out, calls out "Senior citizens come over here. You get in first. Handicapped applicants get behind them.' I now have about 40 people ahead of me. 'Any renewals here?' I raise my hand. 'You need to send your paperwork to the Jackson office. All renewals are being done there. That was posted on the website last week.'

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Check your state's website for proper procedure as well. Long story short; I showed up at State Police station for my renewal, hours early, to be first in line. Official comes out, calls out "Senior citizens come over here. You get in first. Handicapped applicants get behind them.' I now have about 40 people ahead of me. 'Any renewals here?' I raise my hand. 'You need to send your paperwork to the Jackson office. All renewals are being done there. That was posted on the website last week.'
    Wow. Mine just said don't wait to long. Said I will be there in a few days. She said bring your CCW, Driver's license, and $50. It will take awhile as the papers have to be notarized, etc. I already downloaded and printed out the form, have my checkbook and made a copy of my driver's license. My local bank is across the street from them so will have the papers notarized before I get there. I really love this state and so glad I moved here for a lot of reasons.

Boolit Mold
    My sheriff sends notice. Berks County,PA

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russel View Post
    My sheriff sends notice. Berks County,PA
    Mine doesn't. Venango County.

Boolit Master
    State of Alaska sends our renewals reminders I recently received mine, Thank You. D.
    Dennis Eugene "You know why no one panic buys 30-06? Because people who shoot 30-06 don't panic"

Boolit Master

Florida makes it easy. A reminder 30-45 days before expiration. Renewal can be on-line, via mail or in person at the tax collector’s office.
    The first two options require the holder to purchase digital photos and upload/ mail them with application. There’s also another fee so the total comes to around $125. In person they take your photo, you sign a digital form and walk out with a freshly printed permit for around $75.00.
    I just renewed my a few months ago. I waited 10 minutes while another applicant renewed. Once they called me in the whole process took 10 minutes. I think they let you renew up to a couple months after the expiration date without going through applying for a new permit.
    It may be different in other counties.

In Wyoming no notice if it expires you start the process all over again, however the only reason to have one is no ATF phone call just fill out the 4473 form and go. Constitutional Carry is a nice right, don’t be a criminal you’re good to go.

FL no longer requires a CWP, with its new universal carry business, but is a catch 28, you will get a waiting period and no reciprocity across state lnes, without having a written CWP. So now no renewal notice will be sent. Last was $60 for six years.
    School where my daughter works cancelled their CWP classes...a bit of confusion as to use and need.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

I just renewed my in Va , it seems to me that a reminder was sent . In Va cost is up to the county . A guy I work with let his expire and he had to go through the whole ordeal again including taking a in-person class. I'm good for 5 more years .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Quote Originally Posted by marshall623 View Post
    I just renewed my in Va , it seems to me that a reminder was sent . In Va cost is up to the county . A guy I work with let his expire and he had to go through the whole ordeal again including taking a in-person class. I'm good for 5 more years .

If you join Virginia Citizens Defense League they will send reminders to renew your permit. This a great organization fighting for our gun rights in Virginia. Membership only costs $25 per year, they send email legislative updates frequently, and when you need to notify your delegate, state senator, or the Governor, they send you a link that sends a pre-written letter (which you can edit if you wish). They organize lobby-day excursions to the Capitol. They point out untruthful statements and claims by the anti-gunners (which in Virginia right now includes EVERY democrat), and they do TV and newspaper interviews frequently.

In my opinion they are the most effective gun-rights lobbyists in the Commonwealth.

https://vcdl.org/
    Last edited by Tatume; 04-07-2024 at 07:48 PM.

Oh! Here in Virginia you can renew up to six months early, and the clerk of court will preserve your original expiration date on the five year cycle. VCDL sent me a renewal notice in March that my permit would expire in October of this year. I renewed, and my new permit expires in October of 2029.

Boolit Master
    Indiana offers a life time permit or a 5 year permit or consitutional carry/no permit

Boolit Buddy
    Pa used to send out a renewal notice, at some point they changed from an envelope to a postcard, and someone sued them over it, now they do not notify you, renewing is pretty easy, just takes some time like most things government related.
    Barry

Arkansas doesn't send any reminders on DL or CCW. As a constitutional carry state, I let mine and wife's expire during the shutdowns. And at $200 ain't gonna renew. I can drive to LA, MS and not worry.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

My ccw runs out this month along with my DL. I filled out my application last month and paid so I’m waiting for a call to come by the sheriffs office to pick it up. Probably do my drivers license next week. Used to be able to walk in but now you need to make an appointment. I got a reminder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast