MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: For thought and meditation Sat Apr 6 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Sat Apr 6 2024

He Spared Not His Own Son
    Blackaby Ministries

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:32

If you ever feel that you are so insignificant that God does not care about you or that He does not want to listen to your prayers, you will be encouraged by Romans 8:32. There, you are assured that your heavenly Father loves you unconditionally. There was nothing so precious to Him that He would not give it up in order to provide for your salvation. When the Father gave His precious Son to save you, He proved once for all that His love is boundless.

The apostle Paul concluded that if God would not spare His own Son in order to provide for our salvation, how would He not willingly give anything else at His disposal in order to care for us? He sacrificed so much to give us eternal life that we can rest secure in the knowledge that He also wants to give us abundant life (John 10:10).

In light of what God did for us at the cross, should we not approach the throne of grace with confidence? God’s response to our prayers is not based upon our worthiness but upon His love and grace. Our confidence in prayer comes not from who we are but from who He is. Nothing we could ask of Him could ever compare with the price He paid for us at the cross.

How wonderful to know that God loves us so much! We can live with confidence and anticipation knowing that almighty God is willing not only to give us eternal life, but also to help us experience it fully!

Have a blessed day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Amen, good message.

Amen.. My brother thank you for the message today..

God Bless

JDAS

Boolit Grand Master

Aye, but - praying in the name of Jesus means that we are praying for His will, not our own. How often do we fail in this? I have become much more aware of this issue the older I get.

This is the fallacy of the health and wealth supposed gospel - but that is all focused on what I want, not what God wants.

I confess that I often do not know the Father because I fail to grasp what He wants.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Aye, but - praying in the name of Jesus means that we are praying for His will, not our own. How often do we fail in this? I have become much more aware of this issue the older I get.

This is the fallacy of the health and wealth supposed gospel - but that is all focused on what I want, not what God wants.

I confess that I often do not know the Father because I fail to grasp what He wants.
    This is very true. Father's elect don't even know what to pray for half the time yet, praying for his will to be done as Christ instructed...HE will intercede..providing for and maneuvering into place whatever it is HE wants. I find the older I get, the fewer prayers I have for specific things unless they are of dire importance. Whatever you have planned Father...please put me somewhere you can use me.

There is a special peace to be found in prayerfully forfeiting your free will. I know this is true because I don't care WHAT happens or how nasty it is...means squat to me...My Father is in control...He will have his way....and that is that.
    Isaiah 45 - I AM the Lord and there is none else

Boolit Master

Amen, God gave His all for us.