Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning

Boolit Buddy
    I am just shooting local matches just for fun. I sometimes get some shots that I cannot figure out why. (I KNOW YOU GUYS NEVER HAVE THOSE.) I was hoping to have an excuse, but you are not giving me one. I decided to NOT clean my barrel yet.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Both.
    Some events allow the shooting of a couple foulers. That's usually when I'd wonder, did I flinch or not? Sometimes I'd be shooting it in between events, but it will almost always start with a cold barrel.
    Thanks for the reply.

So there is no real red light indicator for you either. Just watching and some intuition.

I shoot a match called 22 BPCR, (silhouette) targets at 50, 100, 150 and 200 meters and among competitors this is always a subject of many opinions. I like to clean and it doesn't take but five or so rounds to get back into the zone. There is some abrasive ware from the priming mixture just ahead of the chamber, most often found in the lower half of the barrel. It takes a lot of rounds to have damage show up.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Bub
    You guys clean your rifles?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    It just don't feel right to put a gun away still dirty...
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

For a Quickie Clean ... pull a bore snake with a little bore solvent / CLP soaked in , through the barrel ... that way you don't risk damage from a metal rod .
    I can't put away any rifle without doing something to clean it ... Daddy wouldn't let us eat supper till all the guns were cleaned and put away ...old habits die hard !
    The one thing you can say about a bore snake is it will not damage the bore / muzzle .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    For a Quickie Clean ... pull a bore snake with a little bore solvent / CLP soaked in , through the barrel ... that way you don't risk damage from a metal rod .
    I can't put away any rifle without doing something to clean it ... Daddy wouldn't let us eat supper till all the guns were cleaned and put away ...old habits die hard !
    The one thing you can say about a bore snake is it will not damage the bore / muzzle .
    Gary
    That is good advice. Bore snakes are a good snake.

IMO the gun may "talk to me", but it takes me a few groups to listen. I am not good enough to know if one group was bad because I am not a machine rest, or the wind got me. And as I get older, it seems my hearing is getting worse!!
    Don Verna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12